Who loves their job? Who hates their job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Or do you think it's so-so...?

My job is so-so..I started a month ago so I'm not bored with it yet.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Sick of sorrow
I'm sick of the pain
I'm sick of hearing
Again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

After working 17 hours out of the past 48 (on about 4 hours sleep
mad.gif
) I can tell you WORK SUCKS. Working thursday and friday and saturday night at a busy freakin' resturaunt sucks. Work = satan.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Mine is so-so, also.

After Tuesday, Sept. 11... It also seems VERY frivilous. I make signs... Big deal.

BUT, I am much happier in this store than I was in my last. I lost my other job, got depressed...prayed... prayed gratefully for the blessings I DID have...Looked for a job...Found one...And its MUCH better than the last.

...Amazing. I AM blessed.

...Yeahhhhhhhhhh... I AM! I'm quite o.k.

Thank God.

smile.gif

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Love it. I spend the day with nine-year-olds. They know how to have fun!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

I'm a college student...the work sucks...does that count?
smile.gif

------------------
"I'll see you when I get home!"

but remember when I moved in you
and the Holy Dove was moving too
and every breath we drew was Hallelujah

right about now I wish I had a job!

But my recruiter called me today(yes on a Saturday), so there may be hope on the horizon...

I love my job, my co-workers are great, but my current project is designing a 80-page annual report, and it's a major pain in the ass! Can't wait till it's finished.

The greatest thing about my job though is that it's within 20 minute walking distance from my house, and is near the huge shopping centre. Getting it was a major bit of luck,
smile.gif

My job rocks!! I have the greatest boss on earth. She is so awesome and has given me 5 raises in the 2+ years I've worked there. My co-workers are cool, we laugh all day. I even got them to read Interference.. LOL! (Mostly the fun fighting or lame threads heh.)

Basically I work in an immigration law office, and I work directly with the INS filing petitions to obtain temporary visas for foreigners to come work in Silicon Valley at the ...... coms. Although business has been slow lately.. its still great and I know alot about immigration law which is something I had no clue about 3 years ago.

Anyway, my job is cool plus its 5 minutes away from home.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

Well I look after 3 year old twins - a girl and a boy, when I'm not at uni. I've been doing this for 8 months and before that I waitressed.
I've babysat since I was 12 or something and I ADORE kids so it's great. The pay is crap ( as it is with all childcare I think ) but it's rewarding enough to see them laugh and have fun!
biggrin.gif
Olivia, the little girl comes running to the door to see me and gives me a big cuddle!!
Callum has Down Syndrome so they're more like older sister/younger brother than twins really. He's physically and mentally on par with an 18 month old - 2 year old. He's great though, he's always giggling and he can run around now.
I'm studying law at the moment so I'll probably try and get into that after I finish what I'm doing now.
Overall, it's demanding but great!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 09-23-2001).]

I'm a college student studying computers, and I also work as a computer lab assistant at that college. The pay sucks, but at least people who don't know anything about computers think I'm an absolute genius.
biggrin.gif
Also, my boss is really cool...but the pay sucks my left buttcheek hard.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I love and hate my job - I'm a nicu nurse, love the babies but hate the hours and the stress that comes along with it. I think the real problem is that I dont think I really ever wanted to be a nurse...

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

I work at a University and when the students are there it's great fun but when they're away it's pretty boring and just like any other job.

The really good thing is that the students in my school come from a lot of different backgrounds and countries. Muslims, Hindus, Christians you name they're here. It has its problems but people learn to understand and get on with each other.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.
Be colour blind, don't be so shallow.

My job kicks ass!

I coach High School tennis. My team took second in our conference tournament yesterday!

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

Originally posted by mikal:
My job kicks ass!

I coach High School tennis. My team took second in our conference tournament yesterday!

Congrats!!!!

You're a coach??? I can just picture the locker room pep talk...

"...now, get out there and make your Cookie Manwhore proud!!!!!!!!!!!"

biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Congrats!!!!

You're a coach??? I can just picture the locker room pep talk...

"...now, get out there and make your Cookie Manwhore proud!!!!!!!!!!!"

biggrin.gif

LOL!

I should do that! They wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about! But it would be funny!

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

My job is pretty cool. I'm the boss on the night shift at a warehouse. I get the crew started at 11pm, make sure they have enough to do, then hop on over to Interference.com.

I'm so pathetic, whenever one of my guys comes in the office, I quick click my computer to our WMS workscreen so as to appear busy. I don't think they buy it.

I want the job of dressing the entire Interference gang.................lots of spangly zoot suits and big hooped earrings (for Johnny S
biggrin.gif
)............us girls would look so gorgeous in our tight outfits, u lads would not have a clue what hit ya.......
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom