Who leaked HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radioskugga

The Fly
Where was it first seen? Torrentbits.org some people says.

I thought there were only 3 available copies of it, and they were protected extremely well. So i guess it's not one of them that is the source.. And from what i understand the mp3s are in cd quality so it isn't a bootleg from the interscope preview listenings (bootlegging from the previews sound impossible from reports of the tight security).

Could it be the old stolen cd from france that's the source of this? Probably not, because i think i heard it was recovered, and plus that one was a version with unfinished mixings on it.

Some random worker at the factory where they press the cd maybe could smuggle out a copy. Has the cd production for HTDAAB even started yet? When do they usually start with the pressing of albums?

Did U2 or their recordcompany leak it themselves? I find it highly unlikely, they had the streams on NME coming and the album released on itunes etc... Feels like they would loose more money to leak it than not to.

I'm betting on the random worker. What do you think?

rollins_3.jpg

rns is a very popular tag on the end of leaked mp3's ... especially from the irc networks...and now torrents. they must have an insider where cds are pressed because they get almost every new cd made... whoever this team rns is must be a huge network of people with lots of connections...

Guys think about it. Apple must have been behind this. They really want U2 to release it to Itunes before tha actual release, and now they will and they will make a shitload of money. Even if they weren't the ones responsible for this certain leak, Apple would have leaked it anyway VERY soon (a couple of days maybe).

AussieU2fanman said:
Guys think about it. Apple must have been behind this. They really want U2 to release it to Itunes before tha actual release, and now they will and they will make a shitload of money. Even if they weren't the ones responsible for this certain leak, Apple would have leaked it anyway VERY soon (a couple of days maybe).

I don't think so. The risks would be too big for Apple. Should anyone find out, then Apple won't have an exclusive contract anymore with U2, but with their (and Island/Interscope's) lawyers. Plus no other artist would want to work with Apple anymore, since they won't be reliable anymore. Or bypass them initially.
Plus, the album isn't on iTunes yet. Maybe U2 decides to not rush-release it because it's almost 22 November anyway. So what is there to gain by Apple?

No, it's seems likely that someone at the record pressing plant took a copy.

We may never know...one of those mysteries for the ages like the Kennedy assassination, we may just never know.

RobVox

Last edited:
Apple had nothing to do with it. These release groups have contacts all over that get them music/movies/etc before they're on the market.

Happens all the time, they race each other like crazy to see who can get a release out first.

And in other news, nothing new has hit iTunes yet. Looks to me like either they're still holding back the iTunes release to sync with the official one, or waiting until Monday...

I'm betting on monday - possibly not the box set but the album or a couple of tracks at least - possibly some extra goodies that can only be purchased through buying the entire album
I can't believe that u2 wouldn't have some kind of plan in the works for a possible leak

They won't release anything on a Sunday mate ;)

Put it this way, If I was head of Apple and the album hadn't leaked yet, I would pull whatever strings I could to leak it, so it forces U2 to release it on Itunes.

somebody whos probably being hunted down by interscope

*waits for headaches edge's cousin picture*

StlElevation said:
somebody whos probably being hunted down by interscope

That person is going to be in a world of pain if Interscope gets ahold of them....'sleeping with the fishes' is a phrase that comes to mind. :eyebrow:

Run for your life, you leaker! (But thank you thank you!)

Back
Top Bottom