"Who Is Your Ultimate U2 cover Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
If you could put a super star band together to cover a setlist of U2 songs who would you use? Live or dead.

My List:

Singer for Bono: "Hard One" I will have to get back to you on this one
smile.gif

Guitarist For Edge: Jimmi Hendrix
Drummer for Larry: Keith Moon
Bass for Adam: Flea

I think John Lennon would of been great as the singer. Bono tried his hardest to emulate Lennon's voice during the Joshua Tree/Lovetown era. He often came close to sounding like him.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

vocals: Jeff Buckley or Richard Ashcroft (The Verve)
guitars: Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead)
bass: Adam's roadie (from Zoo TV)
drums: Stewart Copeland (The Police)

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 04-20-2002).]

Originally posted by Andisono:
It already exists. They are the all-girl U2 cover band EXIT! They're playing the Great American Irish Fair here in LA this summer.

Check them out at http://www.u2lafans.com

Thanks!
smile.gif

I never knew that the girl that was pulled on stage at Staples Nov. 13 played in a U2 cover band! Captive's story is soo awesome!
I'm so happy for her!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

So sorry about the date! I thought I double checked it too.

I know the feeling about still being on cloud 9! Bono left the stage to visit my 9 year old daughter at the Prov 1, October 30 concert!

*** wish I could see Exit play!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Lead Singer ? Freddie Mercury
Bass ? Paul McCartney
Guitar ? David Gilmour
Drums - Kieth Moon

Piano for NYD - Elton John
Harmonica - Stevie Wonder

Originally posted by david:
I think John Lennon would of been great as the singer. Bono tried his hardest to emulate Lennon's voice during the Joshua Tree/Lovetown era. He often came close to sounding like him.

Bono sounding as Lennon?

I don't think so. Different voices, both unique. Bono has more power and has done more variety in range of his voice.

LMAO@Don King....good one gherman

Freddie Mercury was my initial reaction to your Q (of course), and Stevie Ray Vaughan and Cliffy Young. I want them all back. But I don't think they would do justice to U2 songs really.
I was listening to Led Zepp "remasters" yesterday and thought of your topic. Yeah, Robert Plant, yeah Jimmy Page and then I got into the bass on "babe i'm Gonna leave You" and i thought yeah ,John Paul Jones!!.......so I've virtually put Led Zeppelin together for the job
biggrin.gif

I'll have a different answer tomorrow.

oh i do ramble on...the LZ song was "Ramble On" and I meant Cliffy Burton (bass player from Metallica) not Cliffy Young (geriatric Aussie marathon running eccentric farmer)...doh
And another idea today,all female singers, Chrissy Hynde, Sinead, Joni Mitchell and emmylou, Maire Bhraonian....

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-22-2002).]

Originally posted by cass:
LMAO@Don King....good one gherman

Freddie Mercury was my initial reaction to your Q (of course), and Stevie Ray Vaughan and Cliffy Young. I want them all back. But I don't think they would do justice to U2 songs really.
I was listening to Led Zepp "remasters" yesterday and thought of your topic. Yeah, Robert Plant, yeah Jimmy Page and then I got into the bass on "babe i'm Gonna leave You" and i thought yeah ,John Paul Jones!!.......so I've virtually put Led Zeppelin together for the job
biggrin.gif

I'll have a different answer tomorrow.

Good choices I considered the same ones.
I think U2 would do a better job of covering Led Zep than the other way around. I seem to remember Edge putting in a Zep riff once but I can?t remember at which show.

Maybe I dreamt it.

Back
Top Bottom