Who is the sports U2? Good article.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmiloni

Babyface
I've always liked this guy because he is a big red sox fan. Now I like him even more. Good read. I can't post links yet, so go to espn's website and go to page 2.

Colin

Of course it's a yank sportsman.

I'd opt for Johan Cruyff or Pele or Carl Lewis myself.

And from an Aussie perspective, the great Bobby Skilton or Shane Warne

Shane Warne's a fucking wanker and doesn't deserve to be compared to U2. Absolute disgrace to both Australia and cricket. Also a useless fucking bowler. Glenn McGrath, Richard Hadlee, and Muttiah Muralitharan piss all over him.

And really, if this writer weren't so Americentric, he'd see that the challenge is not to be the U2 of sports, but for U2 to be the New Zealand All Blacks of music. The men in black have been dominant of rugby union for over a hundred years. 104 years, every three games in four won. Show me one other team with that record.

Yes, I posted my second paragraph in another thread too, but oh well. I like bragging about how awesome the All Blacks are.

So you are Kiwi hiding Queensland..well then you must be copping plenty of stick with the current cricket results..hahaha.
Sorry.. just had to do it.

The Aussie Cricket team is the most dominant sporting team of any sport in the last 10 years. The are utter champions and every other nation is trying to learn and copy things from them...they are simply oozing talent and professionalism all the time.

stagman said:
So you are Kiwi hiding Queensland..well then you must be copping plenty of stick with the current cricket results..hahaha.

The cricket's embarrassing. I don't even know what the hell those guys are trying to do any more. A plain disgrace.

I normally proudly wear my NZ cricket shirt. At the moment, it's in the drawer and not coming out.

stagman said:

The Aussie Cricket team is the most dominant sporting team of any sport in the last 10 years. The are utter champions and every other nation is trying to learn and copy things from them...they are simply oozing talent and professionalism all the time.

true, but India walked all over them during the test series in Oz and had the Chennai game in the series in india not been rained off on the final day that series would have also ended in a draw.

I would say India are just a couple of steps behind the Aussies whereas every other team has some catching up to do...

jick said:
Jose Canseco.

;)

Cheers,

J

Yeah, Bono is definitely on the juice...you see how big his head has gotten? And 'roids make you irritable; that would explain his attitude on stage, all the f-bombs he drops etc.

Back
Top Bottom