Who Is The Biggest U2 Fan Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
ok, here's the criteria:

1. How long you've been a fan. We're talkin years here.
2. How many times you've seen them live. On multiple tours.
3. How big is your bootleg/rarities collection? (Assuming everyone has all the offically released stuff; If you don't, please move on to www.coldplay.com).
4. Have you ever met the band and if so how many times and for how long?
5. If a gun was put to your head how many lyrics could you recite word for word without pause?

I will say now based on my own criteria I am not the biggest U2 fan on this board. I lose based on that I've never met them and only have half a dozen bootlegs.

games: begin.

1.7 Years
2.Twice, once on Elevation Tour and once on Vertigo Tour
3.Between 20 and 30 bootlegs and burned rarities discs
4.Never Met Them
5.10 or 15...there are many others where I know a verse here and a verse there, but not the whole thing.

JOFO said:

3. How big is your bootleg/rarities collection? (Assuming everyone has all the offically released stuff; If you don't, please move on to www.coldplay.com).

:laugh:

Well I know I'm not...I've only been a fan for 8 years. Which isn't my fault, I think getting into them at age nine is pretty good! So I've only seen them twice live, once on Elevation and once Vertigo. I'm seeing them again this tour though. Damn, I shoulda had my shit together for Popmart...my bootleg/rarities collection prolly isn't too big, I've got mostly ZooTV and Vertigo shows (somewhere around 4-7 of each). A couple Popmart, a JT, some scattered earlier recordings, and all the unreleased stuff from iTunes, plus Mercy.

I haven't met the band yet but I'm determined to in Cleveland...plus my friend and I are considering taking a senior trip to Ireland ;)

How many lyrics...I dunno, a lot??

If those are the only qualifications, then I lose by a lot. But how about how much during a single day I listen to U2? How many assignments in school I've magically incorporated U2 into? All the random insignificant U2 facts I've picked up? The fact that I buy any magazine that mentions U2? My picture collection? The list goes on but I'd say I'm a pretty big fan...then again so is ANYONE that posts here.

1.about 17 years
2. It will be 13 shows for me after this tour not including the Brooklyn Bridge show; That's starting from Zoo Tv
3. About 20-25 bootlegs
4. I've met Adam once for a minute or so and Bono on multiple occasions about 3 times, and each time, time stood still :wink:
5. I don't know which verses you mean but I'm pretty confident I know enough not to die :D

As far as other stuff, I have just about every tv appearance made by the band and Bono from the last 4-5 years.

Last edited:
one4u2 said:
1.about 17 years
2. It will be 13 not including the Brooklyn Bridge show; That's from Zoo Tv until the present
3. About 20-25 bootlegs
4. I've met Adam once for a minute or so and Bono on multiple occasions about 3 times, and each time, time stood still :wink:
5. I don't know which verses you mean but I'm pretty confident I know enough not to die :D

you are currently leading.

1. 21 Years
2. 11 (3 ZooTV, 2 Popmart, 2 Elevation, 1 Under The Brooklyn Bridge, 3 Upcoming Vertigo Fall)
3. 58 Shows. I think I've heard every single U2 song.
4. Never met them.
5. N/A (question requires too much thought)

I edited to include upcoming shows, as I've seen others did the same.

Last edited:
Brau is tied with one4u2 only because one4u2 has met some of them.
21 years and 58 shows is impressive to say the least.

JOFO said:

I was 11 when I first heard Pride (my school bus driver used to play the classic rock station) and then bought the 45.

Jofo-You should add another question: U2 albums purchased at midnite, day of release? Hardcore city.

i was born in 1987 so i have a handicap

1.) i was a fan in 1997 but wasn't really a hardcore nut until 2000
2.) 14. 6 elevation shows, 8 vertigo shows, going to a lot more in the fall too. like 10+ more.
3.)many, many, many bootlegs. I couldn't count. around 100 I'd say. I'll make an official count some time later this week.
4.) never met them
5.) i could probably recite anything from Joshua Tree on without pause, before then probably just the hits.

JOFO said:

His 58 shows are bootlegs though, not concerts :tongue:

all right eveyone settle down.

I will take into account if you were born in 1994 or whatever (damn, you missed the best years....) and your figures that go with it.

yeah, midnight album buying is good but my brain isn't large enough to compute all these factors.

I'm also not interested in posters, videos, dvd's, or lunchboxes.

Dude! I would give up a finger to have a U2 lunchbox. That would be so awesome.

Okay, I lied. I'd like to keep all my fingers. But a U2 lunchbox! With a Bono thermos!

1. 20 years
2. once on ZooTV, once on Popmart, 3 times (so far) on Vertigo
3. I have about 125 bootlegs, probably a total of 150 including copies of rare stuff
4. Met Bono, talked for about a minute (including the hug and posing for a picture)
5. um ... 20? ish?

hmmm.....you're pretty good cori...but a little low on live concert attendance.
150 bootlegs and have met bono brings your numbers up.

ok, just give up your stats and move along please.

this is serious buisness.:love:

well, it could go on for about a week or so, or until everyone loses interest in this thread (which could be in the next 5 minutes).

1. How long you've been a fan. We're talkin years here.
Since I was born in 1987. Grew up on the band. Serious fanatic since 2002.
2. How many times you've seen them live. On multiple tours.
3 times on Vertigo, flew over 14,000 kilometres to do so.
[I hope location is taken into account for this question! The last time they were in NZ, I was six, and in Australia, I was 11.]
Lost count, but it's a whole drawer full. I have over half the Lovetown Tour alone.
4. Have you ever met the band and if so how many times and for how long?
Nope.
5. If a gun was put to your head how many lyrics could you recite word for word without pause?
.. their whole catalogue? I don't know. I know Pi to 353 decimal places, so I think I could do a huge chunk of U2.

By the way, in my favour: I am currently designing a U2 tour around the world. Each night has a unique, individual setlist. It currently lasts two years, nine legs, just over 400 shows, and I am not even a quarter finished. U2 spent an entire year in New Zealand. I even research locations for them to play in each town and have the whole thing on a private database so I can view just what songs I've played, how many times, what songs have opened and closed the set, et cetera.

Axver said:
By the way, in my favour: I am currently designing a U2 tour around the world. Each night has a unique, individual setlist. It currently lasts two years, nine legs, just over 400 shows, and I am not even a quarter finished. U2 spent an entire year in New Zealand. I even research locations for them to play in each town and have the whole thing on a private database so I can view just what songs I've played, how many times, what songs have opened and closed the set, et cetera.

You should at least win the "U2 Fan With Way Too Much Time On His Hands" award :wink:

ok Axver, that's pretty good, but you're a little lite on the amount of concerts you've seen.
however, being born the year the joshua tree was released is a good sign.
Again, I think meeting the band is a big factor, which is why I disqualified myself.

I'm looking for someone who says:
1. Been a fan for 20+ years.
2. Seen every tour since war at least 4 times per tour
3. have 100+ bootlegs
4. have met the band on numerous occasions and they remember me, adam even asks how my pet rabbit is doing
5. can recite all lyrics if need be no problemo.

AtomicBono said:

You should at least win the "U2 Fan With Way Too Much Time On His Hands" award :wink:

Damn right! :laugh:

The tour's currently finishing leg nine in Abuja, Nigeria, so the band can have a Christmas/New Year's break before starting the third African leg.

JOFO said:
ok Axver, that's pretty good, but you're a little lite on the amount of concerts you've seen.

It's pretty hard to see ANY concerts if you're my age and live in the Southern Hemisphere.

JOFO said:

I'm looking for someone who says:
1. Been a fan for 20+ years.
2. Seen every tour since war at least 4 times per tour
3. have 100+ bootlegs
4. have met the band on numerous occasions and they remember me, adam even asks how my pet rabbit is doing
5. can recite all lyrics if need be no problemo.

Those people are in line every single night at every single show for front row every single time and therefore can't report here.

Back
Top Bottom