Who is going out to get the Vertigo singles this week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am personally really looking forward to having the first official release off this album!
I know what’s on it but I am still excited!

Went out this morning and bought both CD singles and the DVD single. Made my morning!

i was just checking the net and on Amazon.ca it says one single doesn't come out til december and the other in January??? wth??.....i really hope this is a mistake because i was really looking forward getting the vertigo singles this week, now i'm not sure.
:sad:

Oh, if only Wal-Mart opened at 8:30 AM... I could buy the single tomorrow morning and flaunt about with it at school. :( But, alas, the bastards open at 9:00.

Damn small Canadian towns where your only "music store" is Wal-Mart...

Since all of these singles are imports in the U.S. , I'm not sure I'll be able to find any in any store this week.

My best bet will be to go to the Virgin Megastore, but I doubt they'll have anything tomorrow or even this week.

does it come out in canada for sure tomorrow or Tuesday???...amazon is wrong??...oh please someone tell me they are wrong...lol :crazy:

Already got them Saturday here in the UK. Officially released on Monday. Also an excellent deal, all 3 for £6 (£7.50 including postage). I think this special offer runs out on 14/11/04.:wink:

Last edited:
rjhbonovox said:
Already got them Saturday here in the UK. Officially released on Monday. Also an excellent deal, all 3 for £6 (£7.50 including postage). I think this special offer runs out on 14/11/04.:wink:

Lucky bastard. :grumpy:

It should be out on Tuesday in Canada, that is when all new releases come out. HMV should definatly have them they have carried all the singles in the past since ive been collecting them anyways.

yes Yahweh i've gotten all my U2 singles from HMV in the past as well, so that is why i was confused by the Canadian website saying Dec and Jan as the release dates, for Vertigo.
But that might only be the web hopefully the store is the 9th :)

Angel, just look for the single first in Music World, then CDPlus, then SAM the record man (still in business??) , then Sunrise records, then Wal-Mart, then to HMV.

Yeah i think i'll skip over to wal mart tomorrow sometimes they release things early...if not i will try on Tuesday for sure...thanks Dragon and Yahweh you've been much help :)

geez, why are U2 singles always imported to the states, I want to buy it tommorrow, but it probably wont be available here until after the album is released.

The market has been pour for commercial U2 singles in the US for many years now so they stopped releasing them down there after around the POP era.

Id like to see them release Vertigo just to see how it goes.

Probably only as an import...

Best way I would say is probably to order it off the web.

brownda7 said:
got all three this AM $ 25 Australian.

Yep, same here. I was rather surprised to notice that the single with AYGWF was $5 while the other two are both $10.

vertigo single release

Just a quick comment here: Why doesn't U2 release singles in the States? When did they stop? Surely, any band (large or small) would want their single available commercially in the US?????

We get non-import U2 Singles here in Canada.

I didn't realize all U2 singles in the US were imports?? I have a ton of singles. Some of them have been labled with stickers saying "Import" and all that have were in those very slim cases. The rest say nothing about being imported and I don't recall having to wait for ATYCLB singles? :eyebrow:

Re: vertigo single release

mhowells said:
Just a quick comment here: Why doesn't U2 release singles in the States? When did they stop? Surely, any band (large or small) would want their single available commercially in the US?????

I believe U2 stopped releasing singles in the US near the end of the run of singles from Pop. It is my understanding that no matter who the artist or band is, singles sell abysmally in the US. I think someone here provided a statistic that said the best selling single in a given week could only sell 2500 copies.

Re: vertigo single release

mhowells said:
We get non-import U2 Singles here in Canada.

It's some dumb-@$$ marketing exec's idea that singles hurt album sales. I don't get this because singles can generate a lot of buzz for particular acts. U2 being one of them.

Come on Interscope throw us Americans a bone!!

Back
Top Bottom