Who is Father Jack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
char_jack.jpg

Yes, it's Jack Heaslip. He was the counselor at Mount Temple, but he quit teaching and went back to school himself to become a Protestant minister (not sure why they call him "Father"; that's wrong). He officiated at Bono and Ali's marriage. He also provides a blessing at the beginning of each tour, and often goes out on the road with them.
Yet one more thing that distinguishes U2 from Motley Crue!:wink:

:applaud: Now this image is emblazened in my mind!! I have this clear image of him in the back of the plane - doing what, I don't know. Hilarious..Glad they have got somebody with them to keep them out of trouble!:dance:

I thought of the Father Jack as well when I first read that article. Gave me quite a giggle. ;)

BONO: Father, someone caught me squeezing the bums of two girls I was with the other day and...

FATHER JACK: ARSEBISCUITS!

SunBloc said:
Just read an excerpt from the Bono interview in Q magazine. Great read, btw! It mentioned that the band has a priest/spiritual advisor named Father Jack that travels with them on tour. I have never read this before. Does anyone know who he is?

http://www.bonoonline.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=29&page=7

I am obviously in serious need of sleep... when I saw your post, I instantly thought of the BBC's Father Jack!

I'm going to be very unoriginal and end this post with the ineviatble...

FECK! ARSE! GIRLS!

When Bono, ever the flamboyant showman, tumbled off stage during his theatrics in Miami at the start of U2's current world tour, giving tour promoters heart palpitations, his father's reaction was typical.

During a subsequent phone conversation with his son, his deadpan query was: "Did you fall off any more stages yet?"

Fr Jack Heaslip, family friend and chaplain of Mount Temple Comprehensive where Bono went to school and met his fellow band mates, translated for the congregation. "What he meant was: 'I'm sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Are you all right?'"

"Later on, when Bono rang up his very ill father and told him he was sorry he couldn't be with him and that he felt useless being so far away, Bob said: 'Sure, if you were at home, you'd be useless anyway.' Translated: I know you have to do your job and it's all right."

This was both funny and sad... poignant.

Back
Top Bottom