who did the voice over at the beginning of the Slane CBS Special?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
who did the voice over at the beginning of the Slane CBS Special In the credits it said Carson daly but it sure sounded like Woody Harrelson. I have a bet with my friend.

do you mean Matthew McConaughey?
quoteofmonth902.gif
He and Woody do sound a bit alike....must be all that *hemp*...yeah, that's what it is... :shifty: :lol:

bonoman said:
No, its the guy that gave John Mellancamp the lifetime achievment award at the MTV awards? He's in dazed and confused, you know the guy with blonde hair a bit older.

When I saw the whole Slane thing on IMAX, they had an Irish commentator, I think they should have kept him, it added so much more exciting local flavour.

Mrs. Edge said:
When I saw the whole Slane thing on IMAX, they had an Irish commentator, I think they should have kept him, it added so much more exciting local flavour.

So how else was what you saw different from what was on the Friday special?

Well, they left out the whole part with all the people arriving, the stuff about the concerts selling out, the local flavour stuff, and they also left out a couple of songs (Angel of Harlem and Stuck coming immediately to mind, but there may be more). I think they may have also left out a couple of interview bits too.

I guess it's understandable what with the time constraints of TV, but it's too bad really.

Back
Top Bottom