Which version of Walk On would have made the best single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killmorgscom

Babyface
I was listening to the radio today and I heard 3 different versions of Walk On played over the course of several hours.

Which made me ponder:

Which version of Walk On would have made the best single?

Could it be the Album Version - the very first version to be released?

Or maybe the WTC live version which they cleaned up for radio?

Or possibly the latest single version?

Or is it a version I've failed to list here?

Such things to ponder!

There was the video version as well (like the album version, but shorter).

I find this question really tough personally. I have loved every version of this song except the video edit of the song. Godrich's version is the first song I listen to most days. The album version is the last song I hear most days. I love them both.

What they did was take a perfectly recorded song (the album version) and released a new one that is shorter, but just as strong as the original (the Godrich single).

Is the Godrich single the one with the "Hallejuahs" at the end?

------------------
*Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and gray
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul*

Yes. A very guitar focused song (mind you, no Edge solo
frown.gif
).

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Oh the Live version from Bos#4 of course.

hoo
hah-
Db9

Well, *besides* the fact tht Db9 crawled onto the stage for this version, that live version has several great qualities--the Edge actually plays the guitar in it, the "alleluias" are added at the end, and most of all, there's a tribute to Ray Bourque at the beginning.

Roland of Giliad (or anyone),

which version is better -- the Godrich single or the Heroes Telethon version? The reason I ask, is because I'm not sure if I've actually heard the Godrich version. It's the one that sounds almost exactlly the same as the Heroes Telethon version, except with a lot of Piano added to the beginning, right? If it is the same as the one I'm thinking, it doesn't have nearly the emotion of the Heroes Telethon version. Can someone confirm this for me?

------------------
The Tempest

Back
Top Bottom