which U2 songs did you like at first but haven't stood the test of time for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
besides "the fly" I mean, which has obviously aged poorly, which ones don't do it for you anymore? "i will follow" and "gloria" seem very stale to me, probably could include a few others too, but I'll save some for y'all :sexywink:

ah about all of U2 songs still work for me
especially in the context of when they were released
U2 seems to recognize the "sonic experience" of some songs are a bit outdated compared to new production skills and even compared to other songs they released around that same time
personally I don't care
but hey

I know exactly what you're talking about because it has happened for me, but never with a U2 song. All the songs I liked I still like, and the ones I never liked I still don't. I don't see any of them as outdated. All the songs they play on the radio stand up very well with other classics. NYD and SBS are just as good now as when they were released.

Wouldn't say that any song isn't doing it anymore for me. Either I still love the songs right from the beginning or I never liked them; it's rather that I learn to love songs after a while instead of losing interst in them. :huh:

I can't believe how many threads there are like this!

One of the reason that I love U2 so much is that their songs DO stand the test of time!

So, I guess I can't answer the question.

:madspit:

The Wanderer said:
besides "the fly" I mean, which has obviously aged poorly,

I don't think that the fly has aged poorly, just because that is The Edge's opinion doesn't mean that it is a universal truth, it is just his opinion. I think this song has taken the test of time very well, just pop in your elevation DVD and listen to it, but everyone is entitled for their own opinion. I don't have nay aging problem with any U2 song.

IMO, 99 % of U2's music stands the test of time but one song i do not believe does this is ' Numb'. it was a good song at the time and fits well in what they were doing in the early 90's with Zooropa and Zoo TV but you never really hear played anymore and i would be shocked to ever hear it played live again.

:uhoh: please don't flame me it's only my opinion. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom