Which u2 song relfects yourself and yourlife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Myself : Lemon - Im mysterious , confusing and when the shit hits the fan it can be shit or miss. I also feel like im floating around a lot of the time and i experince highs and lows , similair to the song really.

My life : Dirty Day - Im constantly being given advice and the bass line kinda feels like a pulse and bono's falsetto gets through me like a hot knife to butter. This song always feels personal to me.

Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own - for personal reasons
Stuck in a Moment - helped me deal
Acrobat - I can understand it, feel it, I have a strong connection to this one.

Seconds
Acrobat
Wake Up Dead Man
Lemon
Mercy

Each time I listen to these songs I just go to a whole different place in my mind.

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like I am the Fly.
I'll think I'm really smart and philosphical, but half the time I'm just full of shit. And then there's the part that of me that's a bit of a romantic. Yep, when I grow up, I'm gonna be a bar fly. :drunk:

Sometimes you can't make it on your own - because I have had a very difficult relationship with my father as well
Stay (Faraway so close!) - just because of the whole story, the feeling, the atmosphere, strong connection here
Tomorrow - sad, because I lost my mother at quite an early age, even though I was a few years older than Bono when his mother died, but I can so relate to this song. It's hard for me to listen to this song, always gives me a knot in my stomach, but it's beautiful, very emotional.

Myself - Staring at the sun.
My life - Another time, another place.

These aren't my two favourite songs by u2, I just think they hold the most significance.

I Threw a Brick Through a Window.
If it was physically possible for a song to be a mirror, this is the song for me.

Acrobat.

Got my "head in Heaven, fingers in the mire...."

and yes, I know that quote is from "So Cruel" but it applies.

I sometimes think songs like stuck in a moment and sometimes are too direct , unlike other songs that hide a secret message.

I never really have thought about one that sticks out that would represent my life....lots of songs remind me of different places and parts of my life!

But......my husband says everytime he hears "All i want is you" he thinks of me......he says it's "my song". :cute:

Canadiens1160 said:
Well, I made mucho mexican food tonight, so I guess it's Exit.

cough cough ...........

tumbleweed.jpg

Wow...too many

Stay- My theme song

Walk On & Kite- It helps me realize that I'm not alone in the world.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own- Reminds me of a lot of people I know

Gone- Sounds like something I'd say

Stuck- Ohhh man...I need to listen to that at least once a month.

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For is what I've always considered to be my personal theme song - but only in the sense that I interpret the song to be about spirtuality.

That certainly wouldn't represent my life as a whole, though - I'm not sure right off hand what that song would be. :hmm: I mean, I have shit for luck & there's a lot of stressful things going on with me right now, but overall my life is very good. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe "Beautiful Day" with the overall optimistic outlook that it carries. :shrug:

Yahweh

"take these hands, teach them what to carry"

"take this mouth, so quick to criticize, take this mouth, give it a kiss"

"this love is like a drop in the ocean"

"why the dark before the dawn?"

I really need some direction at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom