Which U2 song got you hooked and changed your life forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beatlesboy

War Child
Chicago, IL (In the kingdom of South Suburbia!)
Everyone knows what I'm talking about. What was the first song you heard by U2 that made your ears perk up and converted you to being a lifelong fan?

It's really strange, considering Bono doesn't even sing on it, but for me it was Van Diemen's Land.

I remember hearing it the first time and feeling a chill go up my spine. I listened to it over and over and over again.

The rest, as they say, is history! :wink:

Soooo, what's yours???

I wasn't a U2 fan until I heard Stuck in a Moment on the radio in the summer of 2001.

All I Want Is You at the end of the Best of turned me into what I am now:wink:

Well, I grew up on U2, but what really pushed me from casual fan to fanatic was the New Mix of Gone, followed by Bad on RAH and 11 O'clock Tick Tock on the UABRS video.

I guess Beautiful Day, but really I didn't like it much at first; but for some reason (?) inspired me to buy All That You Can't Leave Behind....

The 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' video in 1992! :drool: Pop, the album cemented it and made me hardcore.

With or Without You enticed me to find out some more about the band, which then lead to me seeing about 30 seconds of the Pride video, and that's all it took.

Zoo Station.

I knew the big songs (the JT singles, SBS, Pride, etc.) but it wasn't until I bought Achtung Baby and listened to it that I became hooked for all eternity.

i walked into a room where my older bro had just started playing JT and i heard streets (this was probably 1990) for the first time and i remember thinking it sounded like freedom on the horribly rainy day that it was outside. That made me a fan, but seeing htem live for the first time on popmart (i was 14) is the single most life changing music or life the same way. It ruined music for the most part for me, because nothing could compare to what i had just seen. All hail U2!!!

Beautiful Day. I've listened to it more than any song by any artist. I have never been the same.

I grew up with U2 so their music has always marked me, but JT and R&H really really touched me (probably because I was a teenager then).
I cant pick a song, I listen to it all, all the time.

It was all good, and I thought I was a U2 fan until I heard Bad live on "Wide Awake in America". That took everything to a whole new level for me, and I realized that I was listening to magic. Imagine how I felt when the followup to that was The Joshua Tree. 20+ years later, it just gets better and better.

I remember it so clearly, which is funny because my memory of my childhood is usually fairly blurry. I was in 7th grade, and watched an episode of 21 jump street, and at the close of the program they featured 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for' and I was so moved by the power of the song... it made me feel and imagine... my sister was in college at the time and had a big crate full of cassette tapes, I dug through it that night in search of the Joshua Tree album, certain I had seen it before, and then after I found it I literally wore the tape out.

I also "grew up hearing U2" at my house, but I went from a casual fan to a nutcase the first time I heard Until the End of the World, then I heard the whole Achtung Baby album and I've been immersed ever since. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom