Which U2 song do you wish was still performed in concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siren

Acrobat
Lemon- because its one of my faves. I heard its not performed because U2 is passed its Zoo TV stage. It's also not big all time favorite with most fans.

Red Hill Mining Town- I read somewhere the song stirs deep emotions for the band.

I think what I'd REALLY like to hear that doesn't have a chance to be played (would never fit in any modern set) is An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart... I do think it would translate well into the more mature voice Bono has nowadays... not the throaty richness of the last couple of albums, but this newer sound he's got going on with the HTDAAB stuff.

And yes, definately Lemon.... I have this thing for long songs!

goat

"Please", the full electric version. Not that I didn't like the acoustic one, too, but the POPMart version was wonderful.

rivergoat said:
I think what I'd REALLY like to hear that doesn't have a chance to be played (would never fit in any modern set) is An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart... I do think it would translate well into the more mature voice Bono has nowadays... not the throaty richness of the last couple of albums, but this newer sound he's got going on with the HTDAAB stuff.

And yes, definately Lemon.... I have this thing for long songs!

goat
[/QUOTE

Hey Rivergoat i'm sure you know this but the bootleg "the complete boston tapes 83" has a brilliant version of An cat dubh/into the heart" Its the reason i bought that particular CD. Send me your email and i'll get a buddy to show me how to send it to you!

Cheers

Oh ya and i need to hear Ultraviolet Live!! I already told you all that my ex-wife wouldnt let me see the Zoo tour :scream: :scream: :scream: :combust:

Electric Co, my favorite early U2 tune. Although the suggestion of An Cat Dubh above is interesting as well. A good early song that doesnt get alot of attention.

One Tree Hill would probebly be my 2nd choice.

Last edited:
I think "October" would be my number one choice. Nice song, really been a while since they've played it, hasn't it? I think it would be really cool if they did either a piano set w/ Bono and Edge, maybe throw in "The Hands That Built America" on it. Another idea would be to have a medley, although I've never heard them do one ever, but they've had so many hits that couldn't possibly get played on every tour, but it's up to them.

Occasionally playing "Gloria" and "The Unforgettable Fire" again wouldn't hurt either. I'm happy with pretty much everything they want to do, but it didn't hurt to throw in some surprises on their last tour like "The Fly" and "Stay (Faraway, So Close!", both of them were remade very well.

One Tree Hill, The Unforgettable Fire, God Part II, Hawkmoon 269, The Cry/The Electric Co., Gloria, Spanish Eyes, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Exit, In God's Country ...

I could keep going for ages here. Anything from the eighties that is no longer played.

is there atlest one call for Acrobat from the audience at each show?! c'mon, Bono! give us at least a vese/snippet! we'd all go crazy!!!

One Tree Hill by FAR. I need to hear Edge do that sweet solo like he did on NYE 1989.
And I know EVERYONE here wants to hear Red Hill Mining Town live. That would be SWEET!
11 oclock tick tock, and I know I'm pushing it when I say 'Street Mission' and 'The Fool.' Now that is retro to the max. I love the solos by Edge in these songs, they are fantastic.
Ooooh and Rejoice\Like a Song would be great as well.
And North and South of the River! You guys have to hear the tribute to some bombing on some show :huh: Whenever\whereever it was, it was a fantrabulous performance.
There's about 10 more I'd like to hear like Acrobat, Luminous times and Heartland + heaps more.

strannix said:
"Please", the full electric version. Not that I didn't like the acoustic one, too, but the POPMart version was wonderful.

Agreed 1,000 percent.

Please is one of my favorite songs they do live. It kind of reminds me of Stairway to Heaven, where it starts serious, then kicks ass, then end serious

Go to your cd player, put in BOY and forward to "Twilight". Just imagine them playing this live on the next tour. The sound is there. You can hear it in Vertigo and Bono's voice is perfect now for the new era of this song.

An Cat Dubh! imagine that. Bono reducing his fine tuned *giggle* vocals to the grinding and squeeling of Shadows and Tall trees... what about Vertigo - wasn't too impressed with the BBC bono-ing (hello hello its good to be back) ... c'mon Bono.

I wish they'll bring back UF, Ultra Violet, and Mofo.

For all you Please fans, U2 did play the full band version once during the Elevation tour.

"He took an open top beetle through the eye of a needle" yep!

Here's 5 songs I was lucky enough to see once, but I'd love to see 'em all just one more time:

Wire -- April '85 at the Hampton Coliseum, Virginia

One Tree Hill and Spanish Eyes -- December '87 in Tampa Stadium

Sweetest Thing followed by In A Little While -- Elevation tour/opening night -- March '01. Miami.

indigo tree said:
One Tree Hill.

This is an amazing song, one I would love to hear live again.
I'm still really looking forward to hearing the new songs live, but I must admit, I'm praying that Bullet the Blue Sky has to be dropped from the live set to make room for them. PLEASE! Enough with the spot lights and long guitar solos!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom