Which U2 album Chills you out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Which album can you kick back and really relax to? October, UF, and JT all have that ability for me.......but UF espesh, totally chills me out, so much so, its not uncommon for me to fall asleep during Sort of Homecoming and wake at end of MLK.

SeattleVertigo said:
U2's not a chill out kinda band, but The Unforgettable Fire does the trick.

I disagree...their music is very relaxing to me. Perhaps its the familiarity.

yeah UF is definitely the most "chill out" of them all, but I can relax to any U2 album really. their music is soothing. a couple days ago I was listening to New Year's Day and Drowning Man and they helped calm me down. Mercy is another really, really good track to just float away with, so to speak. The thing about U2 albums is they all have their own distinct moods and atmospheres, so listening to one is like letting yourself travel to another place.

The MDH soundtrack for me too. The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Never Let Me Go, Falling At Your Feet and Stateless are all pretty surreal tracks. Plus I love the violin version of The First Time.

I don't think any one album is a chill album. The closest you get I guess are UF and JT, but even they have really upbeat songs too that aren't as chilling. I might make a U2 Chills Out list.

I fell asleep the first time I ever listened to UF, so definitely that for me.
In God's Country also has that effect on me, virtually every time I listen to it. I don't know why. Then again, I honestly don't listen to it much.

The Unforgettable Fire is a good chill out album, but I have to admit it always makes me sleepy. I'd have to go with October, Joshua Tree, Zooropa or All That You Can't Leave Behind, probably ATYLCB being my favorite, especially the second half.

UF was always a night/wintertime album to me. Probably has to do with Bono's lyrical imagery of forests and things.

UF and Zooropa for me. But I found if I listen while trying to fall asleep I think, I can't fall asleep now I want to hear The Unforgetable Fire or Promenade.
Lemon comes on and I'm turning it up - not exactly the thing to do when trying to sleep.
But October completely chills me out. Much like the month does.

Back
Top Bottom