Which U.S. President is U2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good write up, though I personally would put Pink Floyd instead of The Who in that Top 4 bands of all time.

kakvox said:
A good read.

But a very bad article. The author is bashing other acts/aspects of U2 too much before he can think of any praise. And essentially, the author isn't saying anything. OK, he thinks U2 deserves to be in the R'n'RHOF, but his arguments are too long-winded.

There are worse articles out there, but certainly also a whole lot of better articles.

C ya!

Marty

I thought it was funny, especially the part about their names.

And I agree with the writer about Bruce.

Re: Re: Which U.S. President is U2??

Popmartijn said:

But a very bad article. The author is bashing other acts/aspects of U2 too much before he can think of any praise. And essentially, the author isn't saying anything. OK, he thinks U2 deserves to be in the R'n'RHOF, but his arguments are too long-winded.

There are worse articles out there, but certainly also a whole lot of better articles.

C ya!

Marty

Agree! :up: And Bruce rocks the house down! :madspit:

"If Radiohead are Kennedy, Manic Street Preachers are Nixon." - Nicky Wire

Couldn't resist.

As per article itself, I agree with Popmartijn. I don't really understand what the writer was saying.

That was a pretty bad article.... so all the writer was trying to say was that he thought U2 belonged to the exalted pantheon of Rock or that people should now consider the Who, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and the Stones as U2's peers and not understudies/ a rung below.

IMO... he/ she could have made a better case of it (some of the reasons made were terrible). I don't mind the bashing of other bands/ people in order to lift up U2 considering people on this board do it all the time. Hell, it seems like an Interferencer wrote that article to be honest.

The only good case he could make for U2 being up there with the Beatles, the Who, etc. was that he wasn't really a fan of U2 but would put them in that hierarchy.

I also agree with U2Girl in only that Pink Floyd should have been added to that list (no substitutions of the Who).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom