Which trinity is holier?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer?

• Streets - I Still Haven't - With Or Without You

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Ultraviolet - Acrobat - Love Is Blindness

Votes: 41 46.6%

• Total voters
I always skip "With or Without You." Sometimes I go back so I can skip it twice.

Strange, I think Acrobat flows better with Ultraviolet behind it. #2!

No contest. Ultraviolet-->Acrobat-->Love is Blindness. :heart:

I know I'll get shot for saying this, but I think Still Haven't Found and With or Without You are both overrated songs.

AtomicBono said:

and I sort of think Still Haven't Found is -slightly- overrated... :reject:

yes, that's true! You can get out of that box. That is one of the reasons I voted #2.

I voted and i guess we all know what i voted for judging by the poll:wink:

Zootlesque said:
Cmon, where are all the ultraviolet/LIB crazies... imp13???

vfbdjfbvdkvbcvdasfvjafdggfhgdf :hyper:

b4by b4by b4by l1ght my w4yyyyyyyy!!!!111!!!1!!!!111!!!?

It's no secret that UV is my favorite song. It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight. Acrobat and LIB also make the top ten cut with relative ease.

This threesome kicks the shit out of the JT threesome just because each song is better than its counterpart.

UV over Streets (big whoop, wanna fight about it?)
Acrobat of ISHFWILF (easily)
LIB over WOWY.

Seriously, UV/Acrobat/LIB is 15 minutes of sonic perfection, the best back to back to back punch in the catalog.

:dancing:

I wasn't going to hang you out to dry, Zooty. You know I wouldn't do that to you.

LJT said:
I voted and i guess we all know what i voted for judging by the poll:wink:

(the JT trilogy now it is a tie again hmm)

Okay here's the test:

I'll listen to each trilogy with a different pair of shorts on. Whichever pair is drier after listening is the trilogy that loses.

I can tell you right now, I lose all control of my bowels and bladder while listening to UV/Acrobat/LIB

It's really not a good idea after all. I don't want to ruin a pair of shorts my listening to it again. I normally listen to it in bed with rubber sheets just to be safe.

UV-A-LIB wins!

Obviously the 2nd one is better, because they're part of a story and meant to fit together in the scheme of the album. Whoever it was who said they don't go together, perhaps hasn't quite understood the album. ;)

:rolleyes:

How anyone can vote for #2 is beyond me.

It isn't even a fucking trinity people, let alone a holy one!

Axver said:
:rolleyes:

How anyone can vote for #2 is beyond me.

It isn't even a fucking trinity people, let alone a holy one!

What constitutes a trinity - not neccessarily a holy one, mind you - just a trinity?

namkcuR said:

What constitutes a trinity - not neccessarily a holy one, mind you - just a trinity?

Songs that sound like they belong together and flow (i.e. like how the real Trinity is three separate parts that make one).

Ultra Violet --> Acrobat not only does not flow, but is one of the worst song pairings on any U2 album. Absolutely atrocious.

I prefer

Lemon
Stay
Daddy's Gonna Pay For You Crashed Car

Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country

Walk On
Kite
In A Little While

An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Out Of Control

to all of those trinities. Except for that almighty

Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

xtihn said:
i don't know if i make any sense at all...but...

although i LIKE most of the songs individually on #2 better, i think the songs together on #1 is holier. it flows better.

It makes sense to me. I agree with you there. It's why I voted number one.

It was tough at first, only because UV and Acrobat are two of my favourite songs off AB...

And for the record, UTEOTW is the other one.

As for some other trinites -

Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country

Peace on Earth
When I Look At The World
New York

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name

AND SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST -

:rockon::rockon:
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
:rockon::rockon:

Last edited:
Think about it.............three songs that THE BAND put on their BEST OF versus three songs that they DIDN'T............now, tell me which one of those trilogies was declared holy by the gods themselves? You are all nonbelievers if you vote for #2

BigMacPhisto said:
Think about it.............three songs that THE BAND put on their BEST OF versus three songs that they DIDN'T............now, tell me which one of those trilogies was declared holy by the gods themselves? You are all nonbelievers if you vote for #2

Check and mate.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom