which song should i pick? (part 1/4)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which song should i use?

• i will follow

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • out of control

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • a day without me

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • tomorrow

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • october

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • stranger in a strange land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seconds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new year's day

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • drowning man

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • pride (in the name of love)

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • the unforgettable fire

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • promenade

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
i have a literary heritage class and we have to do a poetry presentation of a poet, and choose 3-4 of their works. so, i was planning on doing U2. i mean, songs are just poems put to music, right? :D

so, i was going to pick a song from each era, so i could fairly represent all of their work. i hated having to shaft early U2 so much, but a lot of their older stuff isn't too well-known outside of the fanbase (and plus i'm expecting to have at least two people who've never even heard of them!) so i wanted to have their more well-known periods represented more.

anyway, the first song i want to choose is from their early stuff, from the albums boy, october, war, and the unforgettable fire. so, just pick whatever song you think i should use. unfortunately, you can only pick one from each period. thanks for all your help! :wink:

there something wrong with my browser, so I can't vote, but out of those on the list, I would Definitely choose Seconds or Out of Control.

"And they're doing the Atomi Bomb, and they know where the Dance comes from."

"One Day I'll die, the choice will not be mine, will it be too late?"

Out of all the songs from that period, it would Definitely be Sunday Bloody Sunday, with Like a Song... as a close second.

"There's many loast but tell me who has won?"
"When Fact is fiction, and TV reality"

"Too set in our ways to try to re-arrange, to right to be wrong in this rebel song, let the bells ring out."

But I'm no poet

Where the hell is Bad?!?!?

If it were in the poll, I would have voted for that, hands down. However, it's not, so I abstain.

F*** the time limit, well - can?t you tell the teacher you?ll just take your time? After all its about art. I thought of Bad too. I voted for Pride though.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
F*** the time limit, well - can?t you tell the teacher you?ll just take your time?
yeah, how about i just insult my teacher then? there's time limits for a reason. we've got about 20 people taking up the space of three class periods.

I voted for Promenade, that song has always sounded like a poem to me. I think that Drowning Man and October (though it's very short) would also make good choices.

Back
Top Bottom