Which song is most likely to be added on the 3rd leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
I'm leaning towards Wild Honey(just because I think they may release it as a single in the future).

I'd love to hear Unforgettable Fire or Please.

As cool as it would be, I doubt they'll play Acrobat.

------------------
12 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis Presley and America.

Actually, I'd like to see Please open up the encore in place of BTBS.

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

BTW, yes I do know that U2 played Wild Honey a couple of times. I'm talking regulars(every night songs).

------------------

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Elvis Presley and America.

Actually, I'd like to see Please open up the encore in place of BTBS.

Wouldn't it be grand if they played Please/Streets just like Popmart!

------------------

Originally posted by mikal:
Wouldn't it be grand if they played Please/Streets just like Popmart!

Yes. I think Streets deserves a spot in the encore as well, actually. Maybe move WOWY or One into the main set.

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Yes. I think Streets deserves a spot in the encore as well, actually. Maybe move WOWY or One into the main set.

Yeah! WOWY should be in the main set. I don't think it has ever been in the main set!

Imagine this encore:

Please
Streets
One
POE
Walk On

I'd go into convulsions if they did that!

------------------

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
Peace On Earth will be added to One or Walk On - That's All .

I hope you're wrong. POE is a given. But they've had what will be a month and a half between the 2nd and 3rd leg. I would not be suprised if they pull out a song or two we haven't heard yet!

History shows this will happen too:

ZooTV:

Desire & Ultraviolet replaced by Daddy's Gonna Pay and Lemon

Bad replaced by Dirty Day(not sure why)

Popmart:

Karaoke replaced by SBS

IGWSHA replaced by All I Want Is You

They've mixed it up more on this tour more than their last couple of tours, so I think there is a great chance of some suprises!

------------------

Can I still lobby for Two Hearts and Gloria? No? OK.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by martha:
Can I still lobby for Two Hearts and Gloria? No? OK.

I'd love to hear Gloria!

------------------

A full version of Hawkmoon 269 would send me into mass seizures!

Especially if they'd do the Lovetown version!

------------------

Either half of my namesake would be my top 2 choice (Hawk269 or the title track to Un. Fire). Perhaps more relistically, I'd love to hear Please, Ultraviolet, and Lemon. Oh yes, and Gloria and/or October.

Historically (Leg III v. Leg I):
Joshua Tree (Leg III): introduced One Tree Hill, dropped A Sort of Homecoming. Also added Electric Co, 11 O'Clock and Control on select dates (none of these three were in leg I, to my knowledge).

ZooTV (Leg III): introduced SBS and NYD, dropped WGRYWH? (except for a select few dates)

Zoomerang: introduced Lemon, Dirty Day, Crashed Car, dropped Desire, Ultraviolet, Bad, and Lovetown.

PopMart: introduced SBS (acoustic), Wake Up Dead Man, Desire (acoustic), and NYD and AIWIY (both played very sparingly on LegI). Dropped Miami, If God Will Send His Angels, and Do You Feel Loved (played sparingly on Leg I). Worth noting that Bad, MLK and Mothers of the Disappeared later appeared on Leg IV).

So it's reasonable to assume probably two major setlist switches will occur. Beyond that, probably not much more variation then we've already witnessed in the first 83 dates (which is a lot by U2 standards).

I'd like it if they added POE to the beginning of Walk On like the telethon. The full song would halt the show to an unbelievably depressing stop, IMO. Give it some hope, something uplifting.

Also, I'd absolutely have a seizure if I heard any of the classics from the ZOO TV era...Ultraviolet (my 2nd fave U2 song next to WOWY) or Dirty Day. I get so jealous whenever I listen to my ZOO boots and hear how cool that song was live.

Also, bring back Larry for a song or two. heh

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I'd like it if they added POE to the beginning of Walk On like the telethon. The full song would halt the show to an unbelievably depressing stop, IMO. Give it some hope, something uplifting.

I definitely agree with you on all accounts here April.

Plus Running would definitely raise the roof. It'd be so awesome to see that.

What do you guys think of ISHFWILF? think that'll make an appearance?

------------------
Take me to that twilight land

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
Peace On Earth will be added to One or Walk On - That's All .

I agree...I think Walk On will be like the Tribute Show...with the snippet of POE in the beginning and the Halleluah at the end.
Outside of that, I don't think much will change.

I think they should add Peace on Earth. Why not? U2 are a socially relevant band, so why not put it in. I don't think it would slow the show down. It's all about the pacing. If they put it in a more sedate part of the show, it'll flow.
I'd also love to see them do more justice to Stay. It'd be great if the whole band played, instead of just Bono and Edge.
Other songs I'd like to hear would be Please, Ultraviolet and Sort of Homecoming.
It will also be interesting to see what footage they'll play before Bullet. I wonder if they'll scrap the Heston piece in favor of something else. I must say that I liked the Heston piece. Powerful stuff.
Finally, I'd just like to add that this has been a great year to be a U2 fan. It seems like everyday there's something about U2 in the paper or on TV or the radio. I saw them three times on the 2nd leg, now I'm going back for more. I'll be seeing them in NYC and New Jersey for 2 shows. The U2 party doesn't come around too often, might as well take advantage of it.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

I hate to engage in these threads, because people make the most ridiculous requests for what they want played (which is understandable), but I think that "Please" would be dope and relevant. I'm going to MSG for a show, and I'll be wearing my hooded sweatshirt, just in case they play it...

Peace On Earth, without a doubt. I could see them playing it as maybe the 5th or 6th song after the first round of fast songs, and then have Peace On Earth be followed by New York.

Back
Top Bottom