Which song do you play first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badyouken

Acrobat
In the thread about Stay and how great it is, 2 people said it's the first song they play when they pick up their guitar.

Now let's start a poll:

What's the first song you almost always play first when you pick up your guitar?

For me: In God's Country

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

dirty old town...i cant help myself!

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

"Wild Honey" and more recently - "Stand By Me".

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
biggrin.gif

Well when I'm playing my acoustic guitar, I always strum the chords from "Stay" first.

With my electric, I usually start out with "Out Of Control" or "Streets"(great finger warmer upper).

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

3 chords for Desire? The riff only is 4 chords!

Bah.

------------------
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I really want to learn the new version of Stay that Edge was playing on the Elevation Tour.

It sounds a lot like Satellite of Love at the beginning but then changes back into Stay...

------------------

Originally posted by Badyouken:
3 chords for Desire? The riff only is 4 chords!

Bah.

No. D A E A E. Three chords.

First song? I don't know, it changes all the time, but mostly Desire or Nothingman by Pearl Jam.

You're right Henne, I forgot the second A chord... I counted it twice.

------------------

When I pick up my bass, I usually start playing the intro to Twilight. Sometimes I'll do Desire or Zoo Station. They're all fun!

------------------
"We are the biggest little cult band in the world." - Larry (1997)

Hate to be original
wink.gif
, but it's almost always Stay. It just flows so well, and plus it's easy and sounds great.

I've been messing around with A Sort Of Homecoming lately, too.

I looked for the Stay chords but they sounded weird when I played them, maybe I did something wrong; could anyone post the ones they use?

------------------

Either "One" or Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". On the electric, it's often "Where the Streets Have No Name."

When i play my acoustic i ussually play Desire first cause it sounds better on my acoustic. When i play my electric i ussually play Bad first.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

sometimes teen spirit,
sometimes its knocking on heavens door and sometimes i just hit some scales

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

Originally posted by Badyouken:
I really want to learn the new version of Stay that Edge was playing on the Elevation Tour.

It sounds a lot like Satellite of Love at the beginning but then changes back into Stay...

I tried for a long time to figure this out, too, and it's deceptively easy. Just play the chords arpeggiated, hitting the strings in this order: A D G E B G

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dustybot, I'll try it today!

------------------

No problem Badyouken. Oh, and to answer the original question, I usually start playing One or All I Want Is You when I pick up my guitar.

Back
Top Bottom