Which perfomance of RTSS did I just download?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I'll try and describe it. It starts with a what I assume is a bass line (which is just one note, played throughout), then guitar at 0:05, and the vocals start at 0:18. It's elapsed time is 3:58. I can't describe the guitar well because I'm not a guitarist, but I know it's not anything like the album version, or even Rattle & Hum's or Chicago's. The drums start at 2:06, and the final verse starts at 2:17. After each time Bono sings the 'she is raging' (twice), Larry hits the cymbals, just once. When Bono sings the 'she is running to stand still' line, just before he sings 'still' he goes 'uhrgh' or something like that in a low voice. So it goes like

She is raging
She is raging
And a storm blows up in her eyes
She will suffer the needle chill
She's running to stand...
...uhrghh...
...still

Then he sings 'alle, alle, allelujah' much like he does in Chicago, except its not as flowing.

Sorry its so vague, but I'm hoping someone has a the same or a similiar version. I just want to know when and where in time it came from.

It's probably from a ZooTV show. Can't say which one.

If you can see a video of RTSS live on ZooTV, then you'll notice that when he goes "Ughhh!," he's pretending to inject himself with a needle, crouching down, and then comes up singing halleluiah.
Absolutely brilliant sonically and visually.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I really appreciate it! In fact I Just bought the Joshua Tree doco, and I think it might be from there. Bono is like in the middle of a stage, completey seperate from the rest of the band and he does do that ugrh thing. So thanks for the help!

The version on this dvd is from the upcoming ZOOTV DVD , its from the sydney show

Back
Top Bottom