Which of the beach clips should be the first single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2freakboy

War Child
If you were to choose among the beach clips, which song do you think should be the first single? My vote would be for 404. The chorus is incredible, which I believe is saying "all my life I've been waiting for the moment I live." I think it has a chance to be a big hit for them.

ive been away for a while , could someone point me in the direction of 402 please.

After hearing 402 it sounds like a radiohead song :huh: , very zooropa ish.

icon27.gif

That was pretty funny.

400, complete with Phil Spectre string section, horns, and Edge backing choir.

I think 402 if it'll be a single off a new album. 404 would make a good one-off single. 402 would be a waste as a one-off, IMO, and could go well on an album.

Wow. Lots of votes for 402. I like that song a lot. I just think 404 has a better chorus. But, I love 400 and agree it could be another single ... maybe a little more souped up. 400, 402, and 404 are all great. I like 403 as well, but I'm not sure that would ever be released as U2 song, since Daniel Lanois co-wrote it.

i personally like 402 better but i think that 404 would be the one that would be eyed as the potential single - also an awesome song.

I don't think that one of these songs are strong enough to be released as the first single.

404. Just make sure, Mr The Edge, :wink: please that if it is released as a single that the middle solo keeps it's arse together!:wink:

SpaceOddity said:

Judging by the clever little smiley, you agree with the opinion that song 402 sounds like a Radiohead song? That it sounds like a Zooropa song?

Well, okay then.

Blue Room said:
None of them, I dont think putting out a demo as a single is a good idea. :shrug:

I think (at least I hope) they meant which beach clip should go thfourgh the production process and then released as a single

Blue Room said:
None of them, I dont think putting out a demo as a single is a good idea. :shrug:

*cough*studio-inserted sound effects, electronic string sections, and multi-layered vocals do not exist in demos*cough*

:|

GibsonGirl said:

Judging by the clever little smiley, you agree with the opinion that song 402 sounds like a Radiohead song? That it sounds like a Zooropa song?

Well, okay then.

LOL. Um, no. I rolled my eyes because you were mocking the poster for even daring to suggest it sounds like a Radiohead song. Like it was somehow ludacris and/or borderline offensive that the poster even made that comment. Dude has an opinion - just let them have it and lay off the snark and rudeness for once. *shrug*

Last edited:
SpaceOddity said:

Dude has an opinion - just let them have it and lay off the snark and rudeness for once. *shrug*

The truly wonderful thing about advice is that one can usually apply it to oneself.

But back on topic. I don't want to speculate which of these has single potential, because I really don't even know if these will be on an album or not.

GibsonGirl said:

The truly wonderful thing about advice is that one can usually apply it to oneself.

Did you even read the rest of my post? I guess you're implying I'm not following my own advice? How? Feel free to point out a time where I thought someone else's opinion was invalid or made fun of them. LOL. If I remember correctly, you are the one who made fun of someone who dared to suggest a U2 song sounded like Radiohead. I mean, heaven forbid! You're the one who needs to stop being so snarky and you should apologize to the poster you made fun of. But maybe you're above that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom