Which Is Better: Pop or Kid A?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Is Better: Pop or Kid A?

• I'm A Fan Of Both Bands: I Pick Pop.

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • I'm A Fan Of Both Bands: I Pick Kid A

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I'm A Fan Of Both Bands: Don't Like Either Album

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm A Fan Of Both Bands: Like Them Both

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • I'm A Big Fan Of U2 Only: I Pick Pop

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I'm A Big Fan Of U2 Only: I Pick Kid A

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'm A Big Fan Of U2 Only: Don't Like Either Album

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I'm A Big Fan Of U2 Only: Like Them Both

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Pop.

I find Kid A to be, well, not very interesting.

I own both Kid A and Amnesiac, and I rarely listen to either. You have to be in a certain "mood" to listen to those albums.

With Pop, it's got tunes, it soars...

*shrugs*

What can I say, I'm biased.

btw...I'm not knocking Kid A or Amnesiac...good in their own way I guess...

Did I pass???????

:D :D :D :D

Yeah, I would have to agree there. Kid A is good, but it doesn't always work in every situation. I like POP for pretty much anytime, and you can actually put it on at a party without causing your guests to jump over the balcony. :D

But then I've always been a POP fan.

Pop is an album you can enjoy - it has a song for almost every mood, except envy. and maybe confused.

kid a isnt an album you can really 'enjoy'. its more of an album that you use when, as popkidu2 said, ure in a particular mood. or when you need a new mug coaster.

Kid A has always puzzled me. It has got to be the album that I have heard the most about and still haven't actually HEARD...:lol:...sort of like The Matrix!

Pop is better than any U2 album, so logic dictates it is better than any non-U2 album. This is a U2 fan forum. This poll is pointless. Go take a hike.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Thanks for giving us several options on the poll. I didn't think I could choose.

Pop and Kid A are so different from each other that I can't really compare them. Pop is a U2 album, which automatically puts it high on the list, and a great U2 album at that, despite what some people around here will try to beat into your brain. Kid A is so unreal, though, like nothing I have ever heard before or since. Very innovative, and I love it, so it gets lots of brownie points from me. Just a different kind of brownie point than Pop. Both albums are unique and make for inspired listening.

Uh, so yeah, I voted that I like both bands and both albums.

Edit: And having read what's posted above me, this poll is not pointless. I think it's a test of the theory that many U2 fans are Radiohead fans and vice versa. The bands are similar but not at the same time. I for one am curious to see whether lots of U2 fans like Kid A or not. So :p !

Last edited:
it's not right to put a poll " U2 vs Someone else "

99% - U2 will win , cause it's U2 forum
1% - Kid A will win , cause some people will vote for it , just because they hate POP ( GypsyHeartgirl for example )

What a total waste of time !!!:down: :barf: :barf: :banghead:

the voting doesn't work when I submit it for some reason.
I like pop but I think kid a is better because it sounds like a completed album; not exactly radio friendly though.
musically it's more advanced and i enjoy the melodies more.
but that's just me.

pinkfloyd said:
it's not right to put a poll " U2 vs Someone else "

99% - U2 will win , cause it's U2 forum
1% - Kid A will win , cause some people will vote for it , just because they hate POP ( GypsyHeartgirl for example )

What a total waste of time !!!:down: :barf: :barf: :banghead:
You have totally missed the point, but that's okay because I haven't expounded yet. Of course I realize this is a U2 forum, and I have taken that into account. I'm not that stupid!

Ps. I can decide what is right and wrong in my own polls, but thank-you for the concern.:)

jick said:
Pop is better than any U2 album, so logic dictates it is better than any non-U2 album. This is a U2 fan forum. This poll is pointless. Go take a hike.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP
J, I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses.

Michael Griffiths said:

J, I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses.

:eyebrow: I get the feeling he really hasn't. Seems kind of odd for someone to do a complete 180 this quickly, doesn't it?

wertsie said:
:eyebrow: I get the feeling he really hasn't. Seems kind of odd for someone to do a complete 180 this quickly, doesn't it?
me too. seems like he's being a gimmick poster of himself.

oh, and jofo, i added a tick for the kid a choice since you can't vote. :)

they're shamelessly derivative and incredibly annoying to me now, but radiohead's 'Kid A' is definitely the better album, in my ears.

Zoocifer said:
Let's see here. I could either listen to radiohead or run over a pussy cat... decisons decisions.

- z -

how 'bout a compromise?
I listen to radiohead while I run you over?:grumpy: :angry: :madspit:

Radiohead is pure top class English boredom and depression. Coming from the reality I live in I have no time to waste with that. I take Pop or any other U2 album over Thom Yorke and his pairs?s. I?m sorry Michael, but that?s my opinion. But then again, it?s just me.

Back
Top Bottom