Which is better Pop or Creed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is better?

• Pop

Votes: 69 82.1%
  • Anything by Creed

Votes: 15 17.9%

• Total voters
Creed! :yes: See, I like hard rock music a lot better than the triphop, dance, techno or whatever you want to call the sounds on Pop. I just don't like that kind of music. I also like Puddle of Mudd and Nickelback better than Pop, but I would take Pop over Slipknot, Godsmack or System of a Down. You know, I dislike those bands' songs for some of the same reasons I don't like MOFO, LNOE or DYFL. They just don't do it for me. It's all just a matter of personal preference. :D No, I am totally serious.

Hey, Nickelback kicks major butt, they rock!

Creed has a new song about U2- it goes,

"hold me now, I'm six feet from The Edge and I'm thinking, maybe six feet ain't quite so bad"

Maybe that's how Scott Stapp felt standing in the heart during the Elevation tour LOL!

Has anyone ever listened to My Own Prison? That song rocks!

Last edited:
POP!!!!

This reply is NOT anti-American bands, but, jesus there are just too many that could be lumped together as sounding so similar and not really havin a hell of a lot to say.

NICKELBACK
CREED
TRAIN
LIMP BIZKIT
PUDDLE OF MUDD
STAIND
THIRD EYE BLIND
PAPA ROACH
LINKIN PARK
SUM 41
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
SLIPKNOT
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
etc...
etc...
etc...
i'm sure i've missed about 20...

U2's POP might not have heavy riffs, then screamed choruses followed by a stereotypical metal-style ballad (before anyone says it - MOFO followed by IGWSHA is not an example), but the ideas from where it arrives and all the other influences and thoughts still make it a much more interesting album IMO. I can't claim to have listened to all of the above bands in much depth, but they are becoming more and more formulaic with every release. :scratch:

Some of my favourite listening is American: JIMI HENDRIX, TOM PETTY, N.E.R.D., PRINCE, NIRVANA. Too many of the bands above just seem to wanna be Kurt Cobain without writing clever yet heavy, meaningful lyrics or crafting brilliant rock/indie/grunge/pop/punk crossover appeal songs.

So i'll go with POP. :macdevil: :bono:

Re: POP!!!!

mysteriousspirit said:
This reply is NOT anti-American bands, but, jesus there are just too many that could be lumped together as sounding so similar and not really havin a hell of a lot to say.

NICKELBACK
CREED
TRAIN
LIMP BIZKIT
PUDDLE OF MUDD
STAIND
THIRD EYE BLIND
PAPA ROACH
LINKIN PARK
SUM 41
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
SLIPKNOT
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
etc...
etc...
etc...
i'm sure i've missed about 20...

I can't claim to have listened to all of the above bands in much depth,

Well it's obvious you haven't, or you'd know that those bands fall into VERY different categories!

ROCK:

CREED
NICKELBACK(Canadian not American)
PUDDLE OF MUDD
STAIND

POP:

TRAIN

ROCK/RAP/RAPCORE:

LINKIN PARK
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
PAPA ROACH
LIMP BIZKIT
SLIPKNOT
POD

PUNK/POP:

THIRD EYE BLIND
BLINK 182
SUM 41 (who are Canadian not American)

If you hate them all and just want to say the all 'suck' that's your opinion, but don't label them all as the same thing, because they aren't.

Since we're on the subject....

My favorite American bands/musicians...

REM
Bruce Springsteen
Tom Petty
Nirvana
Pearl Jam

:ohmy: That's all I can think of...how sad...

A_003.jpg

pop

daisybean said:
Okay I am being tongue and cheek here....all this Pop arguing is making me insane.....

So which is better: The Pop Album or any album by Creed.

Stop it Daisy :lmao: you're killin' me! This whole POP business really needed to be lightened up and you did it :lol:

creed = :yuck:

pop = :up:

im not going to mince words. creed, nickelback, default, etc. all SUCK SHIT. they are so SHITTLY SHIT SHIT SHIT that i dont need to give a reason why they suck SHIT.

worst bands ever! theyre as terrible britney spears, except id rather listen to her and bsb cause well they know they suck.

funny thread though.

if i ever meet scott stapp on the street im gonna hoof him in the ass.

Zoomerang96 said:
im not going to mince words. creed, nickelback, default, etc. all SUCK SHIT. they are so SHITTLY SHIT SHIT SHIT that i dont need to give a reason why they suck SHIT.

worst bands ever! theyre as terrible britney spears, except id rather listen to her and bsb cause well they know they suck.

funny thread though.

:yes: I agree with absolutely every single statement in this entire post. Deathbear, once again, rocks.

u2sangel said:
I second that.Is this poll for real?!(just curious)

No it's not for real....I did it in hopes that people would see how silly they are arguing over the Pop album.....I also did it to give a gentle hint that people need to lighten up a tad.

.....although some people prefer Creed to Pop which has me :scratch:

Oh well

:laugh:

daisybean said:

.....although some people prefer Creed to Pop which has me :scratch:

Oh well

:laugh:

:yes: To be honest this kind of scares me...I think I'd rather spend the entire night throwing up than listening to Creed. :barf:

wertsie said:

:yes: To be honest this kind of scares me...I think I'd rather spend the entire night throwing up than listening to Creed. :barf:

Wertsie, are you the Pop Police? Every time there's a Pop thread, your name will pop up immediately after a response LOL!;) That should be your status! :D

Interesting you should mention spending the whole night throwing up, because- now I'm not just being hateful here- that is one of the biggest reasons I hate Pop so much! Most of the songs on it, the sound, the beat, the mood, remind me of having one of those terrible flus where you have the stomach ache so bad you can only lay on the bed and moan, with a plastic trash can at your side because you won't make the toilet, cramped in a fetal position,head aching, feeling like I'd have to get better to have the strength to die. That is really the mood and the feeling most of the Pop songs give me- sick stomach and sick headache.There are only 3 songs on the album I can bear- SATS ,Gone and WUDM- all the rest I find impossible to listen to all the way through without feeling I'm being tortured. They literally bring that feeling into my throat and head that comes with the flu I just described. I'm not saying this to cause trouble, it's the truth. I wanted to say it before, but I knew I'd get flamed, but when the subject of puking came up I couldn't resist. Like you say, we all have our things that make us hurl, can't help it.

*refrains from posting multiple puking faces*;)

Good thing the "Pop or drug behind a horse" thread was closed before I could respond. What a toughie!:eeklaugh: ;)

Last edited:
for fucks sakes creed has 20 percent of the votes?!?!?!

what is wrong with you gypseyheartgirl?! i dont care if you dont like pop but the fact youd rather listen to creed is revolting.

there are no words to describe the stupidity of all this.

What's wrong with me? Did you read the way I said Pop makes me feel in my last post? That explains it.

I am by no means a Creed fan but yes I would rather hear them than Pop. Nothing by Creed makes me feel like I have the stomach flu, at least not yet. I don't understand why they are hated so much here. They are a talented band with a lot of soul. If someone should be bashed, why not N'Sync? Talk about pukeworthy!

WILL post multiple pukey faces for N/Sync

:yuck: :barf: :yuck: :barf: :yuck:

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:
They are a talented band with a lot of soul.

:lol: This thread has proven to be good quality entertainment. Disturbing, but good quality entertainment nonetheless.

Creed is fridge buzz.

Zoomerang96 said:

funny thread though.

:laugh: :lol: :up:

Pop all the way!

BTW, as somebody said before, most of these new bands, I can't tell them apart! I really don't know who copied who, but there's definitely some cloning going on!

But I don't understand all the controversy... People can like or dislike a record just as they can like or dislike a song from a particular album that another person might think is the best... we just gotta learn to respect that, as difficult as it may be.

:)

A lot of your opinions are based on the Creed that made the terrible Human Clay and Weathered albums. Creed's debut album, My Own Prison, is an EXCELLENT album all the way around, while for me, Pop has a lot of weak moments.

Back
Top Bottom