Which is better for U2 and movie sound tracks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
When U2 composes a new track especially for the movie?

Eg. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me for Batman Forever or In The Name Of The Father for In The Name Of The Father.

OR

When they take an existing track from an album that's going through the charts around the same time as the film is being released?

Eg. Elevation for Tomb Raider or If God Will Send His Angels for City Of Angels.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was actually written long before they were approached by the Batman Forever team..it possibly could be traced back to the AB recording sessions but almost certaintly was a contender for Zooropa but didn't fit the albums mood in the end, what I find strange is the song sounds like it was made for that film soundtrack, it sits so comfortably with the movie.....I would have to say I love when U2 creates an original song/soundtrack to fit the theme/story/images of the film..one of their best is Goldeneye..it was a pretty big departure from the sounds of Zooropa and more so POP and I remember being in awe of how flexible Bono and Edge could be in their writing if the situation called for something a bit different than where they tread..likewise Mission Impossible..I guess its fascinating to watch the guys in new surroundings and see what they can conjure up..

Back
Top Bottom