Which HTDAAB Track Worked Best Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
I think my vote goes to Vertigo, the band clearly loved performing it and managed to infuse it with real energy and electricity. Take a listen to the Sao Paulo O6 version, the atmosphere's amazing and Bono incorporates some really interesting melodies into it.

COBL's very popular here, but I thought it was a little inconsistent, sometimes it was brilliant, but occassionally it lacked the drive and punch needed for the thing to really take flight, like the Milan rendition.

MD, OOTS, LAP, CFYT and ABOY were all enjoyable but they never really stood out for me, maybe they stuck too closely to the original studio versions instead of developing enough to really come to life on stage.

Anyway that's my vote. What's yours?

COBL. Vertigo was incredible live, and I am one of the few here that considers Miracle Drug to be far superior live.

Well like most U2 tracks I think all the HTDAAB benefited from the live treatment.

Vertigo
LPOE
COBL

were my favorite. And I think we'll see those on the next tour.

I think that "City Of Blinding Lights" was one of the very special moments in the whole "Vertigo Tour". However, "Vertigo" had an awesome power and the response from the crowd was superb.

unico said:
the COBL intro was transcending and just fuckin cool.

What she said. :wink: COBL was such a soaring opener.

I liked Vertigo, but I always thought it would've hit harder later in the set list. LAPOE was rocking, and the middle section of SYCMIOYO was beautiful but became less meaningful as the tour went on.

Love And Peace Or Else. At the concert I went to, they opened with it, and it was one of the best 3 or 4 songs they did all evening. I was so glad it was the opener, too. I was hoping it would be LAPOE, and not COBL.

To me it's clearly Vertigo, almost every version I heard was nothing short of great.

COBL, would be the obvious runner-up, if it had a stronger chorus vocal, it would be the easy choice for me. That falsetto and the delivery combined=pretty crap, IMO. That said, the guitar on the chorus is ace. The Edge harmonies, majestic and the pre-chorus itself is just beautiful and the highlight of all the new material. The song was much better live than on the album, I'm sure most around here would agree with that.

Vertigo on the Vertigo tour just exhibits the band as a pure 'rock band' than maybe any song they've ever performed live.

For me, I only saw I think four Hutdab songs live, LAPOE, Somtimes, COBL and Vertigo (can't remember if Sometimes was played) but my vote goes to Vertigo. For a track that has probably become bottom three on the album for, it was wicked live. That drum kick at the start got me going and I didn't stop for the next two hours.

COBL_04 said:
For me, I only saw I think four Hutdab songs live, LAPOE, Somtimes, COBL and Vertigo (can't remember if Sometimes was played) but my vote goes to Vertigo. For a track that has probably become bottom three on the album for, it was wicked live. That drum kick at the start got me going and I didn't stop for the next two hours.

I damn near broke my hand clapping to it

COBL is magic. Vertigo is amazing, too. I cannot decide which one is the better opener. They are different and create a different atmosphere.

I'd say COBL for sure, with LAPOE closely behind. And the few times when OOTS worked well, it REALLY worked well.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I liked Vertigo, but I always thought it would've hit harder later in the set list.

Agreed. Instead of playing Vertigo early in the set, just play it once a show as the closer.

"How long to sing this song..."

"Want some more?! FUCKIN CATORCE, CLEVELAND! :rockon:"

The Electric co.

I don't care if it weren't on HTDAAB it should have been hahaha

seriously, COBL was probably the best and second would be SYCMIYO, yahweh was so cool at the eurpoean concerts I saw..

Worst was ABOY
:)

Back
Top Bottom