Which Elevation boot have you listened to the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Oct 16 Elevation in Chicago has sentimental value since I had my photo passes for that one...

hey she is raging - would you be up for a trade for the chicago 10/16? i was at that one and i would love a copy.
smile.gif

oh, and i've been listening to the notre dame boot a lot.

[This message has been edited by Screaming Flower (edited 01-28-2002).]

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
How can I get started collecting boots?? I have put messages in the "All I want is U2" thread, and on "WIRE" that I want to start collecting, and that I will send B & P. I haven't really gotten many replies. I have one Boot on the way, and other people have offered to make copies for me, but said that they are poor quality. Any advice would be appreciated. I attended a few shows and would love to be able to experience them again, and I really, really want to hear the Slane Show!!

Thanks!!!

I've argued this point before, and I know its in the minority on this forum.. But this is perfect evidence, and an even better example that the auctions up on Ebay should not be banned, or complained about..

I see many many threads on this board of people shitting in their pants over people making money on a bootleg, when in actuality... there are people who want the bootlegs and maybe don't have access to B&P people.. burners.. or u2bloodredsky...

Usually they're pretty cheap.. 10-18 dollars.. It's not such a bad thing, and people like this will be able to have the live U2 they want, for a price they want if they so choose to... Because apparently, the B&P people don't come through as much as they say they will....

Practice what you preach.

L. Unplugged

Oh Yeah.. Irving Plaza is my Fav.

My Fav is San Jose 4/20...probably cuz I was there.

I also like:

Boston 4
Phoenix 11/23
New Jersey 6/22
Cleveland

The only boots I have are Irving Plaza and the three Elevation shows I attended (SJ2, Slane1, LA3). I think I've listened to SJ2 the most because I've had it the longest. Great show from early in the tour!

------------------
And now for something completely different...
Fortune cookie lyrics!
"Live your life filled with joy and wonder"
"Faith lies in the ways of sin"
"The future is no place to place your better days"

No one should have to pay anything but postage for U2 boots.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

I think the only two boots I've listened to in the past month are the first and last Miami shows(I was at both), thanks to one very kind and generous Sicilian Interferencer!
The Minneapolis show from the first leg is good, too(had it the longest)....

------------------
N A T E

When I grow up I'll be stable...

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
No one should have to pay anything but postage for U2 boots.

Do you do the B&P disc trade.. or exchange?...

You can only make that statement if that is so....

If so.. then that comment is not to you, I give you great kudos.. MODSAVAGE on wire is also another who I have done B&P's with.. but I was just illustrating the great paradox in such statements about how 'No One Should Pay'.. when that is the only way they know how..... I forget a better word for it.. some relationship to a well known doctor...

But I'll hope you make good on your statement and take that kind girl up on her requests for B&P's.

I know what the band has said... But you have to realize that also.. The people that bid on these things on Ebay or what not.. It's their choice.. they want the music.. and to them it's all about the music, but the only way they know how to get it is by buying it...

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 01-28-2002).]

selling U2 bootlegs is just wrong, imho. It goes against the whole ethos of the thing.

And yes, I do B&Ps all the time. Hell, I've sent shows to other fans for free just for the hell of it. U2 is about the music, not about scamming someone for $10 on ebay for a recording they could get for a buck or two.

Not to mention that the band has said they don't like the idea of people making money on bootlegs...

*Cleveland (my 1st U2 concert!)
*Notre Dame (10/10)
*Chicago (10/15)

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
hey she is raging - would you be up for a trade for the chicago 10/16? i was at that one and i would love a copy.
smile.gif

oh, and i've been listening to the notre dame boot a lot.

I'm always up for a trade...EM me at ultraviolet_baby@hotmail.com
biggrin.gif

------------------
"What do I love about music? To begin with, everything..." - Almost Famous

I don't know what it is about U2 live audio that brings out the absolute WORST in people. The only word I can think of is entitlement. I have done every kind of B&P, free giveaway, trade, etc. that you can think of and people still want more without taking any initiative of their own. For some reason, the fans who have the live audio and do the trading seem to take a large amount of criticism from the fans who sit on the sidelines. Okay...if you are posting on here, you most likely have a computer and a CD burner does not cost that much anymore. I can name at least 5 members in like 2 seconds from this forum who would be more than happy to help you get started without wanting anything in return.

The reason traders are reluctant to do B&P's right now is that they feel like are being taken advantage of. You go through all the trouble to set up a trade, spend money on discs, burn discs(time consuming), then pay for postage. All in all, that is a lot of time and money spent on obtaining any certain recording. You have to be very careful too because all too often you are likely to see your recording that you sent for free posted on Ebay. Who wants that??? As much as I love to share U2 audio, I can't believe the expectations that fans put on traders/tapers who work so hard to collect nice recordings. They just don't fall into your lap. You have to work for them. With that being said, I have met many many wonderful U2 fans through trading and if you approach them with respect and don't ask the world of them, they would be more than happy to help you out. My philosphy is that trades come first and then I can do some requests for other people. I just do not understand the philosophy of wanting something for nothing.

------------------
I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

--New York

Originally posted by Jayhawk:
I don't know what it is about U2 live audio that brings out the absolute WORST in people. The only word I can think of is entitlement. I have done every kind of B&P, free giveaway, trade, etc. that you can think of and people still want more without taking any initiative of their own. For some reason, the fans who have the live audio and do the trading seem to take a large amount of criticism from the fans who sit on the sidelines. Okay...if you are posting on here, you most likely have a computer and a CD burner does not cost that much anymore. I can name at least 5 members in like 2 seconds from this forum who would be more than happy to help you get started without wanting anything in return.

The reason traders are reluctant to do B&P's right now is that they feel like are being taken advantage of....

I can totally relate to this. I for one have always been one to do trades and B&Ps, but I rarely do B&Ps right now unless they're for someone I know personally, mainly because I've gotten screwed as well. I know how frustrating it was trying to obtain boots before I had a burner,so I try to accomodate when I can. I recently was going to do a B&P for someone that I was under the impression of not having a burner, come to find out that this particular person had a burner but didnt have the "time" to trade - it really got me bent because it's not like I have all the time in the world to sit around making copies etc... Dont get me wrong, I honestly dont mind B&Ps, just as long as people are honest about it - I'm looking to build my own collection here as well...

BTW - sorry to go off on a rant in your nice thread Olive
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 01-28-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Do you do the B&P disc trade.. or exchange?...

You can only make that statement if that is so....

Ask a number of interferencers if I've charged them a penny for boots. I have been supplying concert disks, cases, art, and postage for nothing. But sometimes you get to a point where you realize you're doing alot of this for people and it would help me out to send me blanks and postage. Still, I would never charge money for a bootleg.

Ever.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Phoenix 11/23!!! Yeah! I love it! I was there! It's great!

Hey oktobergirl- you have L.A. 11/19? Oh man, email me if ya can! Please?
mocool12@aol.com

dustybot, you should get the 5-15-01 ALD that does not have the dropouts. It is much better than the dropout version.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 01-28-2002).]

Out of the Elevation tour, Cleveland and LA #3, cause I was there!
biggrin.gif

Out of all the recent gigs (club gigs included), definitely Irving Plaza. Mysterious Ways just flat out rocks.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
dustybot, you should get the 5-15-01 ALD that does not have the dropouts. It is much better than the dropout version.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 01-28-2002).]

I didn't even know one existed. Where on God's green earth would I find a copy of this?

Second show in Stockholm and Slane 1.

Lemonboy, ask on the mailinglist for a copy, I'm sure someone will burn it for you.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Lemonboy if you want to do B&P you can email me. Or you can download off my ftp.

ftp://u2:mofo@sicy.interference.com:21000/

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Ask a number of interferencers if I've charged them a penny for boots. I have been supplying concert disks, cases, art, and postage for nothing. But sometimes you get to a point where you realize you're doing alot of this for people and it would help me out to send me blanks and postage. Still, I would never charge money for a bootleg.

Ever.

Hahaha.. congrats to you, I was too lazy to read the entire post beyond what I was quoting, but yah I read your offers to she is raging.. then I'm not talking to you, only those people who complain to Ebay.. shut off many many people from obtaining the boots they want.. then do nothing to at least email every bidder on the auction list and offer them a B&P...I know it's just the liberal mindset of many.. but it just seems that that would be logical to do in follow up .. But I know it happens very little (I only write that to stay away from superlatives).. If at all

I too am in favor of B&P's, but I'm too lazy to follow through, or too busy, so I can never make any offers... But Sicilian, I salute you, and admire you and all your fellow B&P'ers for what you do.

Ooh i love the Vegas show too and Miami 12/2 and also Phoenix! In God's Country!!
smile.gif
oh and i just remembered - chicago ugh i think the 15th - the "triple Halle" offense! I LOVE IT! and my FAVORITE WOWY is from NJ2- the AUDIENCE!! *melts*... oh and Turino.. haha (did you honestly think I could choose just one?)

I'm always up for b&p- i've been offering that since I got on this board (same time I finally got a burner). I actually have that plainly stated on my site- so if anyone wants any boots check it out and email me, I try and keep an up to date list of what I have online.

I know I wouldn't have ANY Of my shows if it weren't for awesome fans out there- so it's my own way of reciprocating

(someone mentioned Modsavage- he sent me my first boot, of Popmart Foxboro, first show I ever saw, and i was sooo amazed he could get it so easily. lol.)

I guess it's just luck for fans out there who are looking for a boot to run into pl that are willing to do b&p like so many on this board it seems are willling.

oh yeah and b&p = blanks (cds) and postage.

------------------
Not suckin on my thumb
Staring at the sun

www.u2takemehigher.com

Macphisto Society: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 01-29-2002).]

Sicy is totally telling the truth. As soon as I posted on here I had an offer from here to do B & P to help me get started, and once I have some shows. I will do the same.

Same with Sula-Who is kindly sending me the U2-7 Disk, since I unfortunatly live in a country that doesn't have target.

These are great girls, and they shouln't have to defend themselves!!!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Sicy is totally telling the truth. As soon as I posted on here I had an offer from here to do B & P to help me get started, and once I have some shows. I will do the same.

Same with Sula-Who is kindly sending me the U2-7 Disk, since I unfortunatly live in a country that doesn't have target.

These are great girls, and they shouln't have to defend themselves!!!!

No one is attacking anyone who does B&P's.. I think that's the fifth time I've posted that, Just those people who are adamant about saying ... "OH DO A B&P.. You Don't need to buy anything".. Then never follow through on their offer.. similar to what was going on in the cancellations of the ebay auctions last summer....

L. Unplugged

Back
Top Bottom