Which "Boy" cover do you own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which "Boy" album cover do you own?

• The One With The Boy

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • The One With The Band

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Both

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters
originally got the band cover but bought a vinyl copy of the boy when I was living in London. Its in a frame on my wall now.

I should have bought the"real" cd when I was in London, but I had already spent waaay too much on other cds. Oh well. Should have gotten the UK strokes cd too...much better cover.

I wanted the Boy CD, but I didn't want it with the band on the cover. So when my sister went to Canada, I made her promise to look around for a copy with the original cover. She found it. I think I just might buy an Irish pressing while in Ireland though...

I have the shit version.

how is it your sister found the proper version in Canada? I live in the damn place and i've never seen one!

I bought the Boy album at amazon and as far as I remember there was only the version with Guggi's brother (if it is him ....) on it......

I have both cds, but my vinyl copy is the one with the band on it...

Something I noticed though. My canadian cd (with band on cover) counts the tracks An Cat Dubh/ Into The Heart as one. Meaning that the cd has 10 tracks. My copy with the little boy (Peter Rowan ??) on the cover, however counts An Cat Dubh/ Into The Heart as two seperate songs, the cd has 11 tracks. Anyone else noticed something similar ? How many tracks on your Boy cds ?

boy.gif
boy.jpg

sister found it in a huge used CD store.....it says "Japanese Import"-but I don't know if it is...I just care that it's the boy on the cover...

Gee...I had no idea it was so difficult for North Americans to get the one with the boy on the cover.
:ohmy:

I have 3 copies, 2 LPs and 1 CD, all of them with the boy. :cool:

I don't think that I've ever seen the one with the boy on the cover. Is it the same boy that is on the cover of War? I obviously have the stretched heads cover, can anybody that has the boy post a pic of it?

When I was in North Carolina last week, I saw the CD of boy with the boy on the cover for 14 bucks, but i didn't buy it (I backed into an RV the weekend before and I have to pay for a new rear light cover thingy, saving money). I was kinda surprised; it wasn't even labeled as an import.

sharky said:
originally got the band cover but bought a vinyl copy of the boy when I was living in London. Its in a frame on my wall now.

Ditto! haha... my younger sister stumbled across the original Boy 12" album with the Boy on the cover at a used music store. She probably didn't pay more than $3 for it. Now it hangs on our wall. :)

We also have the 2nd cover (with U2's faces on the front)... in both CD and vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom