Which arenas have the best accoustics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2valleygirl

Refugee
Hi. I want to take a poll since so many of you have seen so many concerts all over the place which stadiums/arenas have the best accoustics?

Staples sounded great in the heart but in the nosebleed section my ears were not even ringing when I left the stadium.

Just from my personal experience (which isn't that diverse) I wasn't tooo impressed with the sound at the Fleet Center (it was sort of muffled but indredibly loud ta the same time) but thought the acoustics were really good at the Dunkin Donuts Center. Could have been my position for all the shows and I don't have anything else to compare them with anyway...

I've heard the acoustics at the Palace in Detroit are pretty good. The concerts I saw there sound great and I think when they designed the place, they specifically made sure the acoustics were good.

hello valleygirl, very intersting question. It would be good if Joe O'Herlihy would publish his experience of the tour and his opinion re. your question.
It's a crying shame if a new venue is built and acoustics aren't given much regard. A heart break really. Our local community hall is like that, such a waste.
btw, I haven't been in any elevation venue's, but I saw lots of pics. I loved salome's virtual tour of the European venues.

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by U2morrow:
Just from my personal experience (which isn't that diverse) I wasn't tooo impressed with the sound at the Fleet Center (it was sort of muffled but indredibly loud ta the same time) but thought the acoustics were really good at the Dunkin Donuts Center. Could have been my position for all the shows and I don't have anything else to compare them with anyway...

Pepsi Arena in Albany, NY

This is why the Albany boot sounds so good.

Also why the greatest touring band ever - The Greatful Dead - released their last live album - from a three day stand at the Pepsi (then called the "Knick")

One of my friends did stage work for the arena when it was the Kickerbocker Arena - and told me he spoke to several of the Dead's sound guys who said the arena had the best acoustics in the World (at the time)

Obviously, not exactly scientific proof, but to hear that from guys who tour all over the World, pretty much every day of the year, that's enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom