Which are your favorite 4 songs in a row? (as they appear on an album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Tree Still

Acrobat
What I am getting at is more than just the songs - it's how they fit together, how they tell a story, etc.

I'd have to say my foursome is...

- Unforgettable Fire
- Promenade
- 4th of July
- Bad

think of the ATYCLB track listing, and just pick four that go one after the other, any four. that whole album just seems to be perfect in terms of quality song after quality song, and the order is perfect too. probably the only album of any band that i listen from cover to cover on a regular basis without skipping tracks, repeating others, orusing shuffle play.

1st 4 of joshua tree streets-ishfwilf-wowy-bullet

if i could pick 3 it would probably be the last 3 on achtung baby

im sure if i thought about it more i might have a different answer, but thats what i thought of off the top of my head

One Tree Still said:
What I am getting at is more than just the songs - it's how they fit together, how they tell a story, etc.

- Unforgettable Fire
- Promenade
- 4th of July
- Bad

I would have to say this is my favorite sequence too, One Tree Still. UF into Promenade is amazing.

Beautiful Day
Stuck in a moment
Elevation
Walk on

Call me a teenybopper or whatever. Those 4 songs were popular singles for a reason. And the way they go together is perfect.

One Tree Still said:

- Unforgettable Fire
- Promenade
- 4th of July
- Bad
I've thought this for a very long time.

Awesome foursome.

i'm going all old skool, yo:
  • i will follow
  • twilight
  • an cat dubh/into the heart
  • out of control

yeah, an cat dubh and into the heart are technically two songs, but on some discs they're labelled as one. :wink:

Re: Re: Which are your favorite 4 songs in a row? (as they appear on an album)

Tip Top Prince said:

I've thought this for a very long time.

Awesome foursome.

Yeah - there's just something about the atmosphere created by these 4 songs.

I never listen to UF without Promenade. I do "Bad" w/o "4th of July", but it makes a great intro - especially while driving in the mountains.

I think if I had to pick 20 minutes of music to listen to in my final 20 minutes, this might be it.

Right now...I'm gonna go with:

Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill

I don't know about teenybopping but those were the singles that drove me to being a U2 fan ^_^
My choice:
- Beautiful Day
- Elevation
- Stuck In A Moment
- Walk On

Beautiful Day's sorta my anthem hehe.

Tough choice:

Stuck
Elevation
Walk On
Kite

OR

Zooropa
Babyface
Numb
Lemon

Put them together and you got "The Amazing Schizophrenia Band"

Last edited:
POP!

Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
Gone
Miami

its funny, i've always thought of those four as fitting together so well, being this set of four awesome songs right in a row ever since i've gotten the album...i don't know maybe i'm weird for picking pop, but i just love that album. so much. better than any of my other ones. (altho the first four JT and ATYCLB are pretty hard to beat ;) )

Pop in general is great to listen to all the way through, in most of my cds (even some U2 cds :reject: ) i feel like i have to skip songs i don't like...but this one i can just play through. I love running to it at the gym, i pretend i'm sydney from alias during MoFo :shifty: Not that i'm, uh, obsessed or anything.

And i think Miami has to be the funniest U2 song of all time. I think of it as the closest thing to rap bono is ever going to get ( :eyebrow: ) and LNOE is my theme song in life. Thats how i want to live my life, but i don't, but thats how i'd like to!

Okay thats enough solioquiy for now :p .

Going with Joshua tree..
Streets
ISHFWILF
WOWY
BTBS

those 2st three songs bring tears to my eyes and make my hair stand on end. WOWY is one of the best songs ever written. Period. And the passion in BTBS is amazing. And it has such an interesting structure.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I don't know about 4...but my favorite sequence of 3 has always been:

Ultraviolet
Acrobat
Love is Blindness

Perfect close to a perfect album.

Yes! :dance: And if you have your CD player on continuous play, you'll get Zoo Station afterwards. :D

Oh, and Wertsie had already posted an AB foursome. The first four. Sadly, I always skip EBTTRT. I got a bit tired of that song coz of ALL the remixes. :huh:

Another great threesome: Discotheque, DYFL and Mofo.

As Khanada Rhodes said, the first four from Boy are also awesome, as are the first four from War... Ok, I'll shut up now... :eeklaugh:

AdamsMango said:
Going with Joshua tree..
Streets
ISHFWILF
WOWY
BTBS

those 2st three songs bring tears to my eyes and make my hair stand on end. WOWY is one of the best songs ever written. Period. And the passion in BTBS is amazing. And it has such an interesting structure.

These are pretty amazing too! :shifty: Ok, I'll go now.

Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky

Hey, why stop there? If you add on Running to Stand Still, you have FIVE amazing songs in a row!

flaming june said:
Sadly, I always skip EBTTRT. I got a bit tired of that song coz of ALL the remixes. :huh:

Another great threesome: Discotheque, DYFL and Mofo.

As Khanada Rhodes said, the first four from Boy are also awesome, as are the first four from War... Ok, I'll shut up now... :eeklaugh:
awww!! EBTTRT is one of my favourites! but i know what you mean with all the remixes.

ooh yes i like that threesome too! it's awesome! IGWSHA, while it's a great song and all, is like the pop party pooper or something. :laugh:

hey thanks! :wave: i like the first four from war too. i was thinking of them too, but i went with boy. although the thing is, with boy, it's like, then you have to add on stories for boys, etc. till you have the whole album! it's one album i just can't skip any tracks on because they all mesh together so well. war's the same way, although you can take the songs out individually and listen to them.

KhanadaRhodes said:
IGWSHA, while it's a great song and all, is like the pop party pooper or something. :laugh:
I kind of always felt "Wake Up, Dead Man" was the Official Bummer Song of Pop.

Anyway, regarding the original post, the span from "In God's Country" to "Exit," or the last four songs on Achtung, Baby.

typhoon said:
I kind of always felt "Wake Up, Dead Man" was the Official Bummer Song of Pop.
true, but at least that's at the end! :wink: it's like, you've got three fast, pulsating dance tracks in a row, then the slow IGWSHA.

anyway, enough hijacking. :D

Beautiful Day
Stuck in a moment
Elevation
Walk On

Even Better than the Real thing
One
Until the end of the world

ISHFWILF
WOWY
Bullet

.......damn this is so hard.........

foursome: last four of AB
oooorrrr the last four of Pop. Call me a nerd.

but everything said here is a fantastic foursome

...didn't that use to be a cartoon?

Back
Top Bottom