Which are you looking forward more to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new song. As great as the Milan DVD is, Vertigo Tour dvds are everywhere and readily available---whether proshot or audience-shot. It'll be great to look at, but it won't give us anything that we haven't seen or heard already, or already know exists.

The new song, on the other hand, will give us some insight into what sort of music U2 are in the process of making. That's a much more exciting prospect, IMO.

DVD. I don't usually have the means to get the DVDs unless they are officially released.

You mean the greatest hits album itself isn't an option! :wink:

Window In The Sky of course. The song is somewhat of an indication of where the band might be going. With all the sell out talk about, this song has to capture those U2 fans that are disillusioned or on the fence with the current direction of the band.

New song of course, and it's not really close...now if it were a complete dvd of the Milan gig that'd be another story...

New song. Not really interested in the DVD, to be honest.

The new song, although I'm not looking foward to trying to post my thoughts about it while reading through 5+ closed 500-reply threads that pop up overnight.

COBL_04 said:
The new song, although I'm not looking foward to trying to post my thoughts about it while reading through 5+ closed 500-reply threads that pop up overnight.

:lmao: word

except I probably won't read all the threads, since most replies will either be "OMG I LOVE IT THIS SONG ROXX0RZ!!1111" or "U2 have really let themselves go; more mainstream dad-rock, Pop was their last good album, this song is such a disappointment, U2 are so commercial and boring, blah blah blah"

love the title though. Window on the Sky. (or is it in the sky?)

(That was me being silly, by the way.)

I'm looking forward to hearing the new song. It will give us a chance to hear Rick Rubin's production on a song that U2 wrote and recorded from the ground up, which should be indicative of the sound of the next album. Of course, "should" and "will" are two different things when it comes to U2, but it will be interesting nonetheless. I also don't expect the song to be the best out of the 3 they recorded at Abby Road, so if it's good, it will give me even more hope than I already have for the new album.

The only thing exciting about U2 anymore is what their next music is going to sound like.

If this song is indeed 402, it could be a great thing.

The Slow Loris said:
(That was me being silly, by the way.)

I'm looking forward to hearing the new song. It will give us a chance to hear Rick Rubin's production on a song that U2 wrote and recorded from the ground up, which should be indicative of the sound of the next album. Of course, "should" and "will" are two different things when it comes to U2, but it will be interesting nonetheless. I also don't expect the song to be the best out of the 3 they recorded at Abby Road, so if it's good, it will give me even more hope than I already have for the new album.

Interesting point...I'm very interested to hear what Rubin did with the boys...very. :yes:

I'm hoping for some soaring guitars and a little more than the straight ahead song writing of the past two albums. Maybe some some atmospherics...maybe I want it all!!! :rockon:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Interesting point...I'm very interested to hear what Rubin did with the boys...very. :yes:

I'm hoping for some soaring guitars and a little more than the straight ahead song writing of the past two albums. Maybe some some atmospherics...maybe I want it all!!! :rockon:
That sounds delicious, but I don't think we'll get too much in the way of atmosphere with Rick Rubin. I would expect a very squeaky clean sounding production this time around. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if we do get a lot more guitar....and a more natural style in terms of arrangements...so you may have your wish on this front. I'm hoping!

Screwtape2 said:
You mean the greatest hits album itself isn't an option! :wink:

Pffft. Of course not! ;) There was enough trouble with the talking about the best of...

For me, a little of both. I'd be interested in seeing Vertigo outdoors as well as hearing the new U2.

Last edited:
The Slow Loris said:
I also don't expect the song to be the best out of the 3 they recorded at Abby Road, so if it's good, it will give me even more hope than I already have for the new album.

I agree. Here's hoping! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom