Which Album Is More Underrated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Most Underrated U2 Album?

• Rattle & Hum

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • ATYCLB

Votes: 29 22.8%

• Total voters
all that you can't leave behind is severely underrated on interference

pop is severely underrated outside of interference

rattle and hum is underrated everywhere.

i think the question is referring to that frightening world outside interference, so i'll go with pop. but zooropa is the most ignored - and thus underrated.

and i'll just have to lodge a quick dissent on rattle and hum being underrated. i firmly believe that, on multiple levels, r&h was the nadir of U2's career.

StlElevation said:
all that you can't leave behind is severely underrated on interference

:yes:

pop is severely underrated outside of interference

:yes:

rattle and hum is underrated everywhere.

nah, not really :D

I voted for ATYCLB because the poll said "u2 community"...it ain't the best, but it has kite and in a little while :drool:

All That You Can´t Leave Behind is the U2´s most overrated album by the critics :rant: :angry: :madspit: :down: :shame: and POP is the U2´s most underrated album by critics :( :sad: .

Talking about the U2 community, StlElevation is right.

Peace :wave:

In the overall U2 fan community, Pop. Just on Interference, ATYCLB.

Why isn't October on this poll...? October is possibly even more underrated than Pop...

Zooropa is underrated in that it's ignored and forgot about.

Pop is underrated in that it's shat on by critics.

Both are undeserving of this treatment.

Perhaps October isn't "rated" enough, to be under or overrated?

My #4 album, but I'm a weirdo like that.

Maybe Pop in the general U2 population?

flaxjm said:

and i'll just have to lodge a quick dissent on rattle and hum being underrated. i firmly believe that, on multiple levels, r&h was the nadir of U2's career.

I agree, it seems to me that with casual fans and non fans R&H is one of the more popular albums because it has both live stuff and a JTesque sound. I definatley know of people who only have R&H in their cd collection:slant:

In this regard, I find it terribly overrated, but then again I've never been a huge fan of that album. In terms of the general population Pop is massivley underated.

I think it's Rattle & Hum. One look at the survivor thread and you can see its full of great songs. Still this album isn't very loved. :tsk:

By the way, I think Pop is in fact well appreciated (by the U2 community here at least). 90% of the people here like Pop.

ATYCLB is definitely the most Underrated album here on Interference. It's unbelieveable the amount of ATYCLB bashing that goes on in here. And it's such a good album.

Disregarding the first post cmpletely, the answert is always Zooropa. Ugh, less wodka, I am sorry :eyebrow:

Zootlesque said:
By the way, I think Pop is in fact well appreciated (by the U2 community here at least). 90% of the people here like Pop.

Yeah, the diehards appreciate it, but the general U2 fan population not so much...and certainly not the critics... :slant:

Lancemc said:
ATYCLB is definitely the most Underrated album here on Interference. It's unbelieveable the amount of ATYCLB bashing that goes on in here. And it's such a good album.

agreed 100%

ATYCLB, followed by Pop....and while we're on this topic, l just can't relate to you people who can waste so much time and energy bashing a piece of work that your favourite band toiled on for months. I can certainly understand preferring one album over the other, but some of you are simply obsessed with how "poor" an effort ATYLCB supposedly is.

As some of the more articulate members of this community have so insightlfully pointed out, an average U2 album (I would put Zooropa and R & H in that category) would be considered a strong effort for just about any other rock band.

I'm a fan of the entire U2 catalogue...period...and if you consider me a self-righteous S.O.B......good...

LN

I think ATYCLB is very under-rated on Interference, and maybe a little bit, (a VERY little bit) over rated by the general public. It does have Walk On on it though, and imo you can't over rate that song. :drool:

Rattle and Hum for me anyway. Not perfect, but it has given me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

Kind of surprised at number of people voting for Pop as it is hardly under-rated here or among the musical conoscenti in general. I know people who hate U2 but liked Pop for example.

And ATYCLB? I'm not too fond of it.

Back
Top Bottom