Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the reason this is relevant is because I strongly feel like this next album will be more of the same Disney shit we've been getting from Interscope U2.

Dont question the powers that be or the status quo Bono, just keep singing about yourself! That's what the public really wants!! I cant wait!!!

Okay I'm tired of waiting I'm going to sleep.

Wake me up when September ends?

Green Day- Wake Me Up When September Ends (HQ! Official Video) - YouTube

And for those earlier posts discussing the band's lyrical content since Pop, I'd be the first one on board for a return to the in-your-face, balls-to-the-wall songs that came from JT and AB. There's a reason U2 got to be the biggest band in the world. It's what we crave from them as a band, it's always what we're after in terms of live shows, might as well tell them to go for it! :wink:

Larry telling a random fan at a Yankees game something vague about the album being done by year's end really sent this place into a tizzy.

Good times.

. Instead they deafeningly shut their mouths? To compensate for PoP's sales? When the fan base has been brought up on protest songs to begin with?

Some people would argue that this is because of Bono's corruption as he became a political mover and shaker- ie he wants to be taken seriously by power brokers and can't afford to be seen as a firebrand. It could be read that he's simply being pragmatic and maximizing his influence, or more sinisterly that he's actually becoming the monster to defeat the monster. I'm not personally sure that any of this is the case at all, just pointing out that there are explanations other than label censorship.

Some people would argue that this is because of Bono's corruption as he became a political mover and shaker- ie he wants to be taken seriously by power brokers and can't afford to be seen as a firebrand. It could be read that he's simply being pragmatic and maximizing his influence, or more sinisterly that he's actually becoming the monster to defeat the monster. I'm not personally sure that any of this is the case at all, just pointing out that there are explanations other than label censorship.
perhaps. I just dont see how someone with so much conviction and passion in the past can turn into 'that guy'. And if its him being a monster to defeat one Id say it isnt working and I highly recommend he look deep within himself to find the guy he was before he pretended to be a rock star. That guy could influence people. This one just kind of says a lot without saying anything. And if its going to continue I hope this album never comes out. Any more of this Disney shit and theyre done as far as the public goes. Get on your Boots didnt fail because of the music, it failed because of the Disney shit lyrics that neither incited or inspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom