Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are Cross' big scoops lately:

Alan Cross - A Journal of Musical Things - Is This the Tracklisting for the New U2 Album? And Will This Be the First?Single? -- this is the bullshit tracklisting that what's-his-face posted here.

Then he kept driving the point home with this awful picture:

Alan Cross - A Journal of Musical Things - Another Clue (A Big One) That the New U2 Album is Called?MANhattan

And then he's too lazy to even check the sources here, citing the German website rather than the English tweet itself: Alan Cross - A Journal of Musical Things - Deconstructing More Crazy U2?Rumours

so yeah, maybe this guy was somebody in the past, but right now? he's a chump.

maybe in the past, but his rumors have been regurgitating the Manhattan rumors and anything he sees off of here, @U2 or elsewhere. he just reinforces bad information and passes it off as if it's inside info. please refer to every other time in the past 3-4 weeks i've referred to him.

Right, and he very clearly refers to them as rumours and where they come from. And it's pretty clear to anyone who can read English that he's not endorsing them. In fact, the opposite. At the same time, he's reporting what the rumours are, that they exist.

"Maybe in the past"?

Alan Cross has had more intimate access to U2 - and first listens of albums - than probably any person on this entire forum, over the last 30 years. When U2 decides to give an advance copy/listen to a Toronto radio personality, he will be one of the first, if not *the first, to have it.

He's a way more respected voice in the music industry than anyone here, period, flat out.

He's just messing around and I'm not quite sure why you guys are reacting so violently to it. It's actually funny to me. I've been listening to this guys voice on the radio all my life. He's a good guy, not a "fucking troll who is just trying to get SEO results". :lol:

Right, and he very clearly refers to them as rumours and where they come from.

"Maybe in the past"?

Alan Cross has had more intimate access to U2 - and first listens of albums - than probably any person on this entire forum, over the last 30 years. When U2 decides to give an advance copy/listen to a Toronto radio personality, he will be one of the first, if not *the first, to have it.

He's a way more respected voice in the music industry than anyone here, period, flat out.

He's just messing around and I'm not quite sure why you guys are reacting so violently to it. It's actually funny to me. I've been listening to this guys voice on the radio all my life. He's a good guy, not a "fucking troll who is just trying to get SEO results". :lol:

Personally, I just expect more out of someone with those qualifications.

It's the fanboy coming out of him. He's just playing the jester role probably to kill time too

FYI - he's moving on to musical director at Indie88 radio station in Toronto.

By the way, PopAcrobat, AcrobatU2Pop.. I'm wondering..

Do you like Pop.. What about Achtung Baby? :wink:

It's the fanboy coming out of him. He's just playing the jester role probably to kill time too

it's a blog.. it's the internet.. it's also fun

Exactly.

He's clearly in full on fanboy mode in these posts, has admitted over the years to loving U2, and these posts have a distinctively different flavor than the more authoritative posts he writes about the music industry in general.

FYI - he's moving on to musical director at Indie88 radio station in Toronto.

This is great. He, Streek (RIP) and Shep were reasons to turn on the radio.

"Another Clue (A Big One) That the New U2 Album is Called MANhattan"

SEO SEO SEO!

anyway. no point in arguing over this.

Pop's good, Achtung Baby's good. Protecting this house? Also good. Lost? good.

I guess you missed the part where I said I'm done arguing over this. If you want to argue with yourself, go for it. I think he's a troll who wants hits to his music blog. You think he's the bees knees. I don't really care.

Кто ТРАХАНИЕ - Алан Кросс? плохое ТРАХАНЬЕ УБИВАЕТ ЕГО! Нет, не я лично, как все те рыбы и тигров. Или как время я пошел на дно моря или боролся медведь, или нес ВОЛА на моей спине. Нет, я просто сделаю обращение по телефону, и кто - то поместит яд в его кофе. Я имею связи. Вы хотите защитить этих сук дома? Вы должны признать. Товарищи.

russian radio - red flag - YouTube

I guess you missed the part where I said I'm done arguing over this. If you want to argue with yourself, go for it. I think he's a troll who wants hits to his music blog. You think he's the bees knees. I don't really care.

I don't think he's the bees knees, but you're being a total knob over this without even a. knowing anything about him, or b. even reading the posts you actually quoted.

Because if you did, there's no way you'd quote them and use them as evidence for a. him trying to pass them off as big scoops or b. trolling for hits to his musical blog.

In other words, you're flat out wrong. Period.

Personally, I just expect more out of someone with those qualifications.

funny-tumblr.jpg

reading comprehension. not your best skill.

Reading comprehension? That's a laugh. Using these blog posts to try and support your argument clearly shows you are woefully lacking.

But hey, let's keep this going. Next I'll dissect the numerous keywords and phrases in his posts that you glaringly missed comprehending.

Maybe I'll highlight them in red, size 7, bold font?

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok.

so you have his first misguided post, which you can understand. he's excited, he's a fan boy, so he posts the first track listing. if he did even an iota of research to see where it came from, a bullshit poster here on interference who posted fake track listings in the past, he wouldn't have bothered posting about it.

That's what certain dark corners of the Internet allege. And will the record be called Manhattan? Thanks to Dan for the tip.

Keep in mind that this could all be bullshit. Or not. Can anyone confirm/deny/refute/annotate/explain?

nice. so let's just email him and we'll get thanks for the tip. why not investigate it a little if you're a well-respected music journalist or whatever he is? nice little tracklisting-new-u2-album in the permalink. google baby!

so now we've already established that the source of this tracklist has a proven history of being full of shit. that's cool. so let's keep reinforcing these rumors with his second post, with a ridiculously fake listening party picture which has Island and Mercury logos, but lacking interscope. the paper size is also weird, and the spacing is off. but, again, even though the source of the original rumor isn't remotely trustworthy, he goes ahead and titles his blog post:

Another Clue (A Big One) That the New U2 Album is Called MANhattan

Oh, but you're right, he's just being a cute fan because he said in the text:

A guy named Paul S. has a mole, apparently. True? False? Total bullshit?

it's obviously total bullshit. but let's keep circulating bullshit rumors.

the third post i referred to is harmless, but it just goes to show what little length he goes to to verify anything.

ITEM 2: Some German guy I've never heard of posted here that the first single from the new album will be released August 19. (It's in German, but Google will translate it enough to get the gist.)

no, some German guy didn't say that. the German guy received his information from the guy on Twitter who clearly spoke English who was musing that he thinks U2's new single will come out the week of Aug. 19 to qualify for the Grammys. again, this is relatively harmless, but if he even tried to research any of this before posting, he'd just go right to the source rather than a website who is quoting the source.

and then yesterday or whenever:

Back in the weeks before No Line on the Horizon was released, a character named The Slow Loris began showing up on U2 fan forums.

This person (or thing) seemed to have more knowledge about U2's doings than your average person. Speculation was that The Slow Loris was actually a member of U2

no, nobody ever thought it was a member of U2. it's obviously a regular poster here, who has been outed, and now is posting at @U2.

if this is your blog, i don't really care. but this is somebody who is supposed to be a professional, and he sucks at his internet job.

comprehend that. enjoy your red font, and your absolute need to use smileys and have the last word.

ha, and your response clearly shows that i was wrong all along: you're obviously the troll.

putting you on ignore so that this thread isn't derailed further. sorry, guys, for making you read all this bullshit.

Boo hoo hoo stop being a baby. Put me on ignore all you want. You clearly misread his posts and are going ballistic over nothing.

He quite clearly said they were crazy rumours and actually deconstructs them with his own knowledge of what U2 does. He offered zero personal affirmation of any of the rumours or tracklisting and it's clear that if you think that the internet is his "job" or that he "needs" to use fake U2 news stories for seo hits you don't know anything about him.

Have your last word, now.

lol

Enemies gather
reminding me of my charge:
TO PROTECT THIS HOUSE

As I look westward
I hear the click and the clack
I can breathe again

Sometimes I think of
Ben Linus, my spirit guide
I smile once more

We all bear something
and sometimes it's Alan Cross
I hope the pain stops

Some words to live by
don't try to advance to third
with none or two outs

Enemies gather
reminding me of my charge:
TO PROTECT THIS HOUSE

As I look westward
I hear the click and the clack
I can breathe again

Sometimes I think of
Ben Linus, my spirit guide
I smile once more

We all bear something
and sometimes it's Alan Cross
I hope the pain stops

Some words to live by
don't try to advance to third
with none or two outs

Words to live by

He's clearly in full on fanboy mode in these posts, has admitted over the years to loving U2, and these posts have a distinctively different flavor than the more authoritative posts he writes about the music industry in general.

The different "flavor" is the taste of bullshit.

Don't find it funny, and a professional spreading bargain basement rumors from Interference trolls is pretty pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom