Where's the 'Beautiful Night in Cleveland' boot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
Anyone know a good site, FTP or other, where I can download the 'Beautiful Night in Cleveland' boot? 'BloodRedSky' is just getting too
ridiculous as far as getting in goes! I've tried downloading them form a few foreign sites like u2france.com, but I'm having a problem
getting them to work properly, they need to be converted and obviously I ain't doin' it right. Any info at all will be greatly appreciated!...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

U2Achtung had it up for a while; they've replaced it with two MSG shows. Luckily, I downloaded the Cleveland show (which sounds AMAZING) before they took it off.

I don't have a CD burner or I'd burn it for you. I do have a ZIP100 drive, so if you have a zip drive you could send me 2 ZIP100mg disks and I could copy it for you. However, there are probably other sites out there (other than U2BloodRedSky, which I love but causes more headaches than anything).

Good luck!

(PS: a friend of mine said something about these MP3s from U2Achtuung being "cooked" and sounding like crap without the right software. What does that mean? They sound fine on my computer, but I might have (somehow) "uncooking" software installed.)

Thanks! I managed to get ahold of it!...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Just thought I'd chime in on the subject of "uncooking."

A "cooked" MP3 sounds sort of garbled -- a bit underwater sounding, etc -- easily noticed. Now, to understand waht makes those sounds, you ust understand what an MP3 is composed of.

Being digital music -- textual code, rather than acoustic waves -- an MP3 is actually a giant notepad of data. A cooked MP3 simply has some "breaks" (i.e. "returns," "spaces," "enter-spaces") in the code, so the flow of data is not completely fluid. How did the MP3 get that way? Well, the code was probably converted to textual format (e.g. Notepade, WORD, etc.) at some point -- probably an accident.

To "uncook" an MP3, simpkly download an uncooker from download.com, or some other resource. All this program does is remove the breaks from the code so that the data flow of the MP3 is continuous. Relatively simple. I hope that clears things up for some people.

Back
Top Bottom