Where will the tour begin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I would almost place money that the next tour will be arena/stadium tour, kinda like the Joshua Tree tour, with both going at the same time. Now we know the tour will likely begin in May. Where do you all think the tour will start? I think it'll go like this:

May/June- U.S. Arenas (Kind of a warmup)
June/Aug- Europe Arenas and Stadiums
Aug/Nov- U.S. Arenas and Stadiums
Jan/Mar- Brazil/Australia/Japan/Etc (Stadiums only)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yayyyyyyy i like stadium tours yayyyyyyyy

hopefully they do both... would be nice to see 'em @ both MSG and Giants Stadium

Dont forget Shea Stadium....got a ticket connection there :yes:

Green Light 711 said:
Well you better have a thousand bucks for your ticket or some damn good binoculars :grumpy: Stadium shows suck. If they do stadiums I'm not going:(

YEAH, RIGHT....

And I'm Mery Poppins

Green Light 711 said:
Well you better have a thousand bucks for your ticket or some damn good binoculars :grumpy: Stadium shows suck. If they do stadiums I'm not going:(

Regarding the $1000 per ticket that is completely false. The stage is 10 times the size, so there are ALOT more seats close to the stage. Where you get huge scalper prices is for seats that are close when a big band or artist plays a small venue. Because there are not as many "choice" seats. (Smaller supply, higher demand). I have found that stadium shows are what you make of them. I found on Zoo and Popmart it was actually cool to see a show from way back as it was the only way to see everything that was going on. Granted I would rather be right up front, but there are some cool things about seeing the whole show, especially when it is a huge production like Popmart and Zoo where. Binoculars were not that necessary on Popmart, they had a sceen the size of a football field behind them, how is that tough to see?? U2 are one of the few acts that can actually pull off a stadium show. The Rolling Stones are another.

Regarding the original topic of this thread. The tour will begin in N. America IF the album is done in time. It will start someplace that is fairly warm (IE Florida, or the southern U.S.) because the band likes to rehearse in warm places. The stadium/arena thing is up in the air. I would still say that they will do some arena shows to start the tour. I think stadium shows though are a big part of the picture also as I have stated before. Its just a question of when and where.

Last edited:
Some people hate stadium concerts no matter how hard an artist (such as U2) puts into the staging, lighting and angles. I saw the the Joshua Tree, Zoo TV and Popmart Tours and sat deep for all of them and I'll tell you it didn't hurt the atmosphere or mood of the show. Springsteen, Metallica, and other large named bands do it all the time and successfully. A lot of people say playing stadiums is only for greed, however a lot of times bands want to hit one market with the fewest number of shows, so that the quality of the shows they play are the best they can possibly be.

I don't mind if U2 played all arena's or moved out with some stadium shows too. I think U2's show and music fill an arena or a stadium without any problems. Personally I love the feeling of being in the middle of a humongous crowd 'rockin' with them to the 'best band' in the World!!!

concerts are highly rare at both shea and yankee stadium... would be nice, but i'd count on giants stadium if they were to play stadiums.

Thats where I saw the ZooTv tour...Yankee Stadium...

'Bout the only time I'd ever step foot in Yankee stadium too..:barf:

The tour will start in May?!!?!!? AWESOME!!!

I'm pretty sure that the album is already nearly finished, if it is not finished yet. However, I was not expecting the tour to start untill August or September.

How do we know it will start in May?! That would be cool

I've never been to a U2 show (i picked up ATYCLB, my second U2 album, just days after they played here in Los Angeles!), so i do not mind either stadium or arena. I know arena shows are more personal and the band can really connect, but stadium shows can seat more people. I heard that Bono wanted to do a stadium tour this time around becuase he felt that not enough people were able to see Elevation.

Can't wait!

I envy anyone who saw Zoo TV :mad: Too bad i was only 4 years old when it came around town!

Last edited:
I can tell you with absolute certainty that the tour schedule will be as follows.

December 25 - beside my pool
December 26 - your backyard
December 27 - the restaurant down the road, and Bono will buy everyone's food
December 28 - Carrara Stadium, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
December 31 - final show of the tour, at Athletic Park, Wellington, New Zealand

Green Light 711 said:

funny... i got floor seats for springsteen for 100 bucks. even if u2 are more than that, somehow i don't think i'll have to be shelling out anywhere close to $1000, unless they bring back sinatra from the dead and have him open.

BonoBabe40 said:

the only people to play concerts at yankee stadium were u2 durring zoo tv and billy joel durring the storm front tour... the only concerts at shea stadium have been the beatles, clapton, elton john and springsteen... so again, shows at baseball stadiums in general, not just in new york, are extremely rare, mostly because of availability. outdoor tours are normally done in the summer... baseball stadiums are normally used for that little thing called baseball durring the summer, and teams tend to frown on letting thousands of people and tons of pounds of stage, lighting and sound equipment all over their outfield in the middle of a season. that said... it's always a possability

the only people to play concerts at yankee stadium were u2 durring zoo tv and billy joel durring the storm front tour... the only concerts at shea stadium have been the beatles, clapton, elton john and springsteen... so again, shows at baseball stadiums in general, not just in new york, are extremely rare, mostly because of availability. outdoor tours are normally done in the summer... baseball stadiums are normally used for that little thing called baseball durring the summer, and teams tend to frown on letting thousands of people and tons of pounds of stage, lighting and sound equipment all over their outfield in the middle of a season. that said... it's always a possability

Yeah well....they can have Shea..not like my Mets are using it for anything...:sad:

i think the tour will start in America....
but i'd like it too start somewhere else where they havent played in a while....prehaps start in New Zealand (where they havent been since 93) and then australia, then north & south america and europe
though i think america will proberbley get 2 legs like on the elevation tour, or maybe not....

BonoBabe40 said:

The question is: What have the Yankees done to you? :rant: You must be a Red Sox's fan who happens to live in NY. I could be wrong.
GO Yankees in 2004! :cool:

From a very good source, I heard they will start in the Netherlands. The new tour will consist of several different places, clubs, stadiums, in- and outdoors. Like the Stones did, this year.

As a start they will 'practice' in Holland in may. After some rehearsals they will play probably 2 stadium concerts in De Kuip, Rotterdam, a concert in Ahoy' stadium and a very exclusive gig at Paradiso Amsterdam in june before touring the rest of Europe.
The source said, they will start in Europe, because last tour had two legs in America and the second European leg was cancelled.

Grtz, Pascal.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it would start in The Netherlands
since U2 often start the european legs of their tours over here (as do many bands)

if the album would be released sometime around may it seems very possible to me (judging by the time between when ATCYLB was released and the first Elevation show) that they will start the tour mid july in Europe

Probably US, as usual.

If the March 2004 album release date is true, and if it's true that they plan to tour simoultaneously with the release, they could be in Europe by summer.

Maybe there will be some one off type shows? I don't know it occured to me last night that I have been all ansy about the new album it could be a whole year before the US leg of the tour I dunno. All I know is taht the weather in the US this summer was so erratic and rainy I hope it is better of they do play outside.

Back
Top Bottom