Where will "Mercy" show up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleep Over Jack

Refugee
Is it possible it could be part of the limited edition as a ghost track maybe? or perhaps they want to make the SYCMIOYO single a real event and pack (whats said to be) a brilliant song with a great b-side. I'm dying to hear this song as much as any of the album tunes.

Thoughts?

I'm feeling pretty srue that this song will show up in a single not too long from now. Either SYCMIOYO or the next one.

It seems strange that a 5-minute song thats probably had a lot of effort put into it won't be on the new album...maybe they will save it for the next album? (if there is one?)

If you read the story in Band Meetings from U2SJ you can tell that Bono is really high on this song. I don't think they'll hold this until the next album. This will be released on one of these singles.

Blender mentioned it as a 6 minute pouring of U2 fluids or something like that.

Anyway, I am thinking if it isn't a hidden track (which would be unlikely since we haven't heard anything from any review about that), it will probably be edited down to 3 minutes and become a really really good B-side.

ramblin rose said:
If you read the story in Band Meetings from U2SJ you can tell that Bono is really high on this song. I don't think they'll hold this until the next album. This will be released on one of these singles.

I recall that..I just hope it doesn't become some "lost song" we never hear the band mention again!

Murray said:
Blender mentioned it as a 6 minute pouring of U2 fluids or something like that.

Anyway, I am thinking if it isn't a hidden track (which would be unlikely since we haven't heard anything from any review about that), it will probably be edited down to 3 minutes and become a really really good B-side.

I dont see why they would edit it down for a b-side. I mean, they almost put the full 6-minute verison on the album.

i'm thinking it is "ARE YOU GOING TO WAIT FOR EVER" with different lyrics and more music.

possibility

Murray said:
i'm thinking it is "ARE YOU GOING TO WAIT FOR EVER" with different lyrics and more music.

possibility

As soon as I hear AYGWF I'll tell you what i think.

ramblin rose said:

Definitely.:yes: I can't wait! :hyper:

:combust:

Maybe it'll be the real 25th anniversary single. Since we're not supposed to guess the b-sides. Maybe this'll be a standalone single with other b-sides. Dunno.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Maybe it'll be the real 25th anniversary single. Since we're not supposed to guess the b-sides. Maybe this'll be a standalone single with other b-sides. Dunno.

I'd like that!:yes:

Do you think it will be available on the Digital Box Set?

I might actually download this if this song was on it. It's pathetic.

Might not turn up on anything, but im thinking Miracle Drug single.

I hope we have a b side that is pure instrumental....

Mercy is not AYGWF, and it's not lost. Bono called it the "best b-side you've ever heard." I suspect it will be on the next single, and also probably part of the digital box set. This is all speculation, but I'm pretty confident in it.

Here's hoping we hear it soon!

Back
Top Bottom