Where were you at Slane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Wm34474.jpg

Key:

*Dark Green: Bono, Adam, Larry, Edge

*Purple:ZooManda while trying desperately to obtain wristband, having lungs squished and air sucked out, up agaist barrier. Many gropings occurred here also.

*Blue:ZooManda, fritzy and Mr fritzy, frogbat, Bono's pet frog,and jswallo jump up and down during coldplay. where fritzy, jswallow and zoomanda fall down and get trampled.

*White:Rich, snooty people who arent really U2 fans

*Light green:ZooManda and Bonos pet frog retreat to and get lost, but atleast can breathe.

*Pink: Security guard who waves to crowd after Anthony Keidis asks kindly.

*Yellow:Interlanders while U2 was playing and after they'd been trampled

*Navy Blue: some drunk

*Red: Where ZooManda wishes she had been
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 11-12-2001).]

I made it to the Red Zone
biggrin.gif

I used my heart wristband from London (they used the same one) and got in with Desert Rose. Bono grabbed mine and her hand During Until the End of the World.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

u little cheater!!!!
hahahahaha
now why didnt i think of that?!

like it mattered, they wouldnt gimme a band yet the damn heart was empty at that point. grrr at those security guys....

i was getting the life sucked out of me against that barrier and these people inside the heart were just standing there smiling at us all, with an almost smirk on their faces...

"and you smirk at meeeee?!!!" <--very bad Aussie joke

Yeah that was too cool about you and Rosa. Lucky bastards!!!!
biggrin.gif

yes i think i was one of those smirkers
biggrin.gif

------------------

I think you were too far away from the stage for mud to hit me...

Plus, your a girl and you can't throw very far
wink.gif

*waits for a slap from Zoom and other females*

------------------

I'm not a female!
Who preytell amanda was the navy blue dot????
- I think i was a little closer to the light green dot though
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 11-12-2001).]

Zoom is reference to Zooropamanda

------------------

I was with my hubby behind the light green dot, standing right behind ZoomII.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

hey, i?m not even on your map. Please make a big flashy dot in the pit around the heart. Slightly above the red one. That?s were me and Whiteflag were.

And we got our wristbands without cheating (*hint!!!) Ok, almost
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I was behind the light green dot closer to the back of the soundstage. The view was actually not too bad. I could have been at the purple dot, but know my limits and was certain there would be too much of a crush there. I could have also been at the red dot with my cheater friends Bono_Brat and Desert Rose, but, how was a girl to know they were gonna get in?

I had a great time anyway... and Bono_Brat- wasn't that Rosa's hand Bono grabbed? lmao!!!
biggrin.gif

I love your new name.
wink.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

White, except I am definitely a U2 fan (see 501 other posts...) and not snooty. Lets not be judgemental here, zooropamanda.

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 11-12-2001).]

Yo, Bono_man!

Hey I recognise ya! *shakes your hands vigorously* I remember meeting you and Desert Rose in Temple Bar at the Palace Bar and Fitzsimons.....ah I had a fab time there, man!

I also waved to ya both at Slane Castle, I stood near the tip of the heart to the left of stage (about slightly to the left of purple dot on the pic). I dont think you'd remember but sure hope you did...

so hows it hanging back in the States then? Been or plan to go to any more U2 gigs on this 3rd leg?

and zooropamanda though I didnt get into the inner heart I managed to get into the outer area thanks to much pleading with the security guys and at the price of squashed sandwiches at the end it was all worth it! lol! so I didnt cheat though I wished I did though on that day!
biggrin.gif

Cant finish this without saying hi to AM! How are you doing in Iceland these days? Not doing too much for Sulawesgirl on her visit recently I hope.

See y'all soon!

Cheers my dears!

dougal

LOL, zoomanda... this is too funny! i was right between the red and purple dots, at the outside tip of the heart. it was great, except for the fact that they ran out of wristbands for the outer enclosed area, so i could not leave to go to the bathroom ALL DAY! luckily (??), i was pretty dehydrated by that point, so it wasn't really a problem...

argh! the things we go through for U2!! LOL!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Thats so cool! Didn't camp for the first show - saw you talking to Jaan though
smile.gif

Though had an amusing time camping for the second show (also freezing - with the drunks running round and actually setting fire to things
eek.gif
) Met Ruth there and she told us about Bono & Khelia - and showed us the 'elevated' pics.

Are you going to try and catch the European leg next summer?

Jaan! yes, i met him at slane- ran into him at the "U2 wall" in dublin near the recording studio, too.
smile.gif

yes, bono and khelia have an interesting, uh, "relationship"... LOL! she actually got pulled onstage during "Bad" at one of the recent NYC shows. it was too cool!
smile.gif

i sure am going to try to catch the european leg next summer!! i'm applying to graduate school right now, and if i get in (knock on wood!), i was planning on quitting my job this summer and then backpacking around europe for a month or so... and if U2 is there, i'll hopefully be seeing more shows! also, i *may* end up in london for grad school... we'll see!

what's your name? did we meet at slane?

Originally posted by *Ally*:
Jaan! yes, i met him at slane- ran into him at the "U2 wall" in dublin near the recording studio, too.
smile.gif

yes, bono and khelia have an interesting, uh, "relationship"... LOL! she actually got pulled onstage during "Bad" at one of the recent NYC shows. it was too cool!
smile.gif

i sure am going to try to catch the european leg next summer!! i'm applying to graduate school right now, and if i get in (knock on wood!), i was planning on quitting my job this summer and then backpacking around europe for a month or so... and if U2 is there, i'll hopefully be seeing more shows! also, i *may* end up in london for grad school... we'll see!

what's your name? did we meet at slane?

LOL! I'm travelling Europe next summer with a few mates so will prob see you in GA! I live in London but starting Uni in Dublin next year.

Don't think we actually spoke at Slane but if memory serves me well you were standing about 2m away. (my name is Natalie) Spent most the day with Jaan and his friend because I lost the friend I came with!
smile.gif

You go to any of the London shows?

LOL! I'm travelling Europe next summer with a few mates so will prob see you in GA! I live in London but starting Uni in Dublin next year.

Don't think we actually spoke at Slane but if memory serves me well you were standing about 2m away. (my name is Natalie) Spent most the day with Jaan and his friend because I lost the friend I came with!
smile.gif

You go to any of the London shows?

Nice to finally meet (??) you, Natalie!!
smile.gif

Woohoo! hopefully, i'll see ya in the GA line next summer!
biggrin.gif
I did catch 2 of the london shows- the 3rd (Aug. 22nd) and the 4th (Aug. 23rd). i was just blown away by London 3 (which was the day bono's dad passed away)- such an emotional, intense show. University in Dublin? that sounds fabulous! i was there for 4 days at slane time- i'd never been before, and i thought it was fantastic! khelia and i have already made plans to return next summer- maybe we'll all bump into each other in temple bar!
wink.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
Nice to finally meet (??) you, Natalie!!
smile.gif

Woohoo! hopefully, i'll see ya in the GA line next summer!
biggrin.gif
I did catch 2 of the london shows- the 3rd (Aug. 22nd) and the 4th (Aug. 23rd). i was just blown away by London 3 (which was the day bono's dad passed away)- such an emotional, intense show. University in Dublin? that sounds fabulous! i was there for 4 days at slane time- i'd never been before, and i thought it was fantastic! khelia and i have already made plans to return next summer- maybe we'll all bump into each other in temple bar!
wink.gif

London 3 was incredible - was really surprised when he went through with it especially as I've just been through the same thing meself. He came over and did the hand thing with me that nite so won't forget it too soon...

We'll probably bump into you at the Clarence! I'm so going to try for a job there once I've moved. The summer was my first time in Dublin too but I totally loved it - especially all the men with Irish accents!
wink.gif
wink.gif

London 3 was incredible - was really surprised when he went through with it especially as I've just been through the same thing meself. He came over and did the hand thing with me that nite so won't forget it too soon...

We'll probably bump into you at the Clarence! I'm so going to try for a job there once I've moved. The summer was my first time in Dublin too but I totally loved it - especially all the men with Irish accents!
wink.gif
wink.gif

i'm sorry to hear about your loss.
frown.gif
i know, very surprising that bono went on with the show... but i think he's said that touring has helped him deal with his dad's death. regardless, it was a fantastic show.

when you say he "did the hand thing" to you at London 3, do you mean he bit it?? LOL! it's so cool when he does that... he's an interesting character, that's for sure! very cool experience, i must say! where were you standing? khelia, ruth and i were towards the front of the heart that night.

wow, working at the clarence would be awesome. a friend of ours was staying there for slane, so we got to hang out in the lounge and see her room. it's a very nice place! we went to the kitchen our last night in dublin, and got very very drunk and danced like fools. it was a blast!
smile.gif

i definitely hope to run into you next summer- let's keep our fingers croseed that these europe rumors are true!!

smile.gif

Originally posted by Angel:

I had a great time anyway... and Bono_Brat- wasn't that Rosa's hand Bono grabbed? lmao!!!
biggrin.gif

I love your new name.
wink.gif

He was obviously going for Rosa, but I butted in and MADE him grab my hand!! I think he only did it to get rid of me...
frown.gif

Dougal, I sure do remember you from Slane!! Good to see you are keeping well buddy...
smile.gif

------------------

*Bono sees Rosa*
*Bono goes in for the kill*
*Bono_brat pushes Rosa flying*
*Bono is scared and tries to escape but Bono_brat grabs onto his hand before poor Bono can get away*
*Bono decides to cancel all tours to Australia*

Zoomer, u telling me that navy blue dot was you?
I thought you were the lout carrying the giant blow up penis
eek.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
*Bono sees Rosa*
*Bono goes in for the kill*
*Bono_brat pushes Rosa flying*
*Bono is scared and tries to escape but Bono_brat grabs onto his hand before poor Bono can get away*
*Bono decides to cancel all tours to Australia*

OMIGOD!! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!! lmao!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Did you notice the way the sky went pink in the evening? That was me.

HAHA!! Im with ya there Christina!!

Wasnt this what we had our 'little discussion' over outside The Clarence??

Basically all, she ***accused*** me of pushing her out of the way to get to the band members. A large fight ensued and Rosa took her side...in the end I won
wink.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom