Where the Streets Transition :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Alright during what tour so far do you think U2 had the best TRANSITIONING into Streets...I think Elevation at Slane with All I want Is You leading into it...

I'm quite partial to RTSS --> Streets on ZooTV. I know I'm normally pretty critical of ZooTV, but that was one part of the show that was flawlessly executed. That said, Please --> Streets on Popmart was nearly as good.

Bad --> Streets on Elevation was pretty sweet. I'm not nearly as partial to AIWIY --> Streets as most people here seem to be. It was alright, but I think it relied too much on Bono's voice - now, sure, he managed to sustain it at Slane, but at other gigs, I don't think his vocals were nearly as good and and the transition suffered.

The less said about Pride --> Streets on Vertigo, the better. It was the lowest point of an otherwise stellar return to form.

Either the Zoo TV or the Popmart segue for me, the latter I found particuarly resonant, those high, plaintive falsetto's of Bono captured the desperation and disorentation Please perfectly before bleeding into the dawning hope and euphoria of Streets. The juxtaposition was one of the highlights of their live career for me.

MLK -> Streets ALL THE WAY for me.

Having said that, I also like Bad/40/Streets, and Please -> Streets more or less equally - pity about Bono's voice on a lot of them though.

As much as I like AIWIY into Streets, I think it works best transitioning from a tone of desperation or melancholy into the redemption of Streets. So, I'd go with RTSS, Bad, or Please. All fantastic.

I always loved the popmart transition, but when I heard RTSS>streets for the first (and last too) time I got chills everywhere... so that one wins fo rme!

Hard to pick, the Zoo TV-Popmart-Elevation transitions were all very good.

I guess Bad-40-Streets. The psalm reciting, the following Bono roar and the sprint around the heart seal this one for me.

MLK and Please

but props to AIWIY for the Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

hard to choose between Popmart and Zoo transitions..

Popmart transition was focused on Bono's falsetto so that version I prefer when listening to audio, but on Zoo TV there were all the lights, flashlights,it's great experience also to watch that transition, so that version is better on DVD :D

:hmm: listening to WITS.... I figure, it might be a decent transition too.... the end, Edge playing the last notes, then changing to the Streets opening notes :hmm: I think it could work

DevilsShoes said:
....the Popmart segue for me, the latter I found particuarly resonant, those high, plaintive falsetto's of Bono captured the desperation and disorentation Please perfectly before bleeding into the dawning hope and euphoria of Streets. The juxtaposition was one of the highlights of their live career for me.

Perfectly said. Pure magic.

RTSS->Streets. I would say Please but the intro to Streets on Popmart is kind of crap, with that funky electronic-y sounding business rather than just guitar :( If they played normal Streets on Popmart then Please->Streets would be right there.

Of course Streets opening pwns all transitions :)

Axver said:
I'm quite partial to RTSS --> Streets on ZooTV. I know I'm normally pretty critical of ZooTV, but that was one part of the show that was flawlessly executed. That said, Please --> Streets on Popmart was nearly as good.

Bad --> Streets on Elevation was pretty sweet. I'm not nearly as partial to AIWIY --> Streets as most people here seem to be. It was alright, but I think it relied too much on Bono's voice - now, sure, he managed to sustain it at Slane, but at other gigs, I don't think his vocals were nearly as good and and the transition suffered.

The less said about Pride --> Streets on Vertigo, the better. It was the lowest point of an otherwise stellar return to form.
I agree with every word of this post :up:

I'd say ZooTV and Popmart. ZooTV was flawless, the two songs just fit perfectly. Popmart was more emotional. Difficult to choose.

That said, Bad > Streets is also great.

And what about no segue into Streets, a la Joshua Tree Tour?

I have seen Slane, and thought it was pretty incredible...that primal sound in his voice-so since i am way behind in my U2 listening and viewing time, please tell me-would love to check them out.

Are these on the zootv and popmart released videos, or bootleg?

What about bad/40/ streets- what video are these on?

^
LMFAO!!!!!! I'd hope not. I mean we're bros and all, but we'd have some problems if U did that.
:laugh:
U will have Ur DVD next week, Amigo.

Hmmmm....

RTSS - Streets ( Zoo-tv ) :drool: :drool: :drool:
Please - Streets ( Popmart ) :drool: :drool:
Bad\40 - Streets ( Elevation ) :drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Pride - Streets ( Vertigo ) :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom