Where The Streets Have No Name - Single Version vs Album Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Single Version or Album Version - Which one is better?

• Single Version

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Album Version

Votes: 29 72.5%

• Total voters

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The Single Version of 'Where The Streets Have No Name' isn't talked about very much on these boards, but I love it. If you don't know, the main differences in the single version are a slightly shorter buildup in the intro and - what makes it better imo - added backing vocals from Edge in certain parts of the song(still building then burning down love, and when I go there I go there with you, etc) and a very small bit of additional guitar(I think, that's what I've read anyway).

Which version is better?

link removed: http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=5#49

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant stand either of em lol. live or nothing for me.

if i had to choose it be the album version.

The only great thing about the single are Edge's back thats it , about more guitar , I may be wrong , but I dont recall any , its the same thing , 2 guitars.

Nam's right.

There is a difference in the guitar.

It's all in mix though, no new bits.

I love the backing vocals.

Single.

The difference is nearly unrecognizable but just different enough that I guess I'd choose the single version. But it's really a moot point because once you've heard a live version you can't ever go back to the studio versions.

Difference is definitely noticeable if you've heard the album hundreds of times like some of us have..............album version is superior.

I'm still miffed about the shortened version on The Best Of........if they're going to shorten it, they might as well have made it the single version so it would be slightly different from what we had on Joshua Tree.....

BigMacPhisto said:
Difference is definitely noticeable if you've heard the album hundreds of times like some of us have..............album version is superior.

Care to elaborate? What makes the album version superior to you?

To me a perf would be , get Edges vocals in the same lenght of the album version . Streets is not the same without that intro :drool: To really appreciate that song , u gotta get into the travel , so u need to feel all that intro :yes:

I seem to be in a minority here but the album version is not only better than the single version but also better than any live verion.

Back
Top Bottom