Where the album has no name PRT 2 (all the info we can find about possible new album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2DMfan said:

I am saying they want an album full of hits. I am just pointing out another reason not to expect a quick album release like Zooropa.

You can't tell me they thought every song on POP and every previous album besides maybe JT was a "hit".
Miami, Daddy's Gonna Pay, Elvis Presley and America, Scarlet, need I go further?

That's all I am saying. Post-POP U2 wants an album of 11 songs that logically could be played on the radio. The only reason I say that is because I have read the band say that more than once on promotion for both ATYCLB and HTDAAB. And it's maybe the #1 reason why a quick album release is more than likely out of the question.

As far as something not being good enough. Sure, it's subjective.
But you tell me why Bono and Edge thought it was good enough at one time, and yet changed their mind? U2 is a democracy.

So while I may agree with Bono and Edge, and you may agree with Larry and Adam about the quality of those Chris Thomas songs, the one thing for sure is neither of us is 100% correct.

So, it's just conjecture. I say don't expect a rock album because U2's rhythm section didn't like the rock songs they made last time around. Who is to say they would like them this time around.

I don't even care to argue the quality of those songs. The point I am trying to make is that, U2, as a democracy or a collective band simply do not want to make a rock record. And I think logic would tell us, that if they did, they could have made a relatively simple rock record in FAR less time than it took on HTDAAB. But they aren't going down that path, I don't think any time soon.

I hope I am wrong. Give me a U2 rock record in Spring 2006 and I would be pleasantly surprised on several different levels.

Thats a terrific post. But wasn't Achtung Baby a rock album?

If U2 does decide to release another album in 2006, I actually hope they explore the sound they made with Love And Peace Or Else more so than write flat out rock songs. It's a very interesting sound, and quite unlike anything the band has done before. You could call it a fusion of Achtung Baby and Rattle & Hum, but either way, it's a totally new sound. And though I haven't heard any bootlegs of the song yet (I'm desperately trying to preserve it for the 12th of September), from what I've read in this forum, it's one of the best parts of the show. So if the band enjoys it as much as they appear to...I say go for it. :drool:

Of course, I'm kind of doubtful that it would happen, but one can only hope.

^^^I agree. This is one of my favorite songs off the album. It's a "political" song, but judging by the funky music, it's actually sort of mocking all the other "love and peace" songs. It does remind me of the ZooTV attitude a little bit. The title itself has to be tongue in cheek.

ABOY, Vertigo, & LAPOE rock live. I would love an album with that type of hard-hitting sound, especially if it sounds somewhat different than what they've done before, it will still sound like "U2" no matter what they do to it.

Back
Top Bottom