Where the album has a cover? [CONFIRMED]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems too literal for U2.

It's a blog with the phrase "word on the street..."

Sounds legit to me. :D

If not used for the front cover, this could make a nice back cover picture. Pretty easy to imagine the tracklist, etc., printed over it.

Totally. I was hoping for an exotic, strange, AB/Zooropa-esque cover, actually. This one is a little too soothing for me, but whatever. It'd be awesome as a back cover though.

Um, that's a really good cover. At least it has feeling and atmosphere. Plus it's not cliche'd. That one with the badly photoshopped kid in the football jersey was atrocious.

I like the picture itself, I am just hoping for some color.
Add some blue tint to it perhaps? Black and whitesignifies to me more of the same.

A picture of a turd from Larry's dog would be an improvement over the HTDAAB farce.

Also, I tend to agree with Laz, some kind of original work, of some sort, from the U2 camp makes more sense. And I also agree with Bram. Somebody probably invented this rumor all on their own, found the picture and decided to 'run with it'.

I wouldn't be disappointed by this. It would work.
Mostly, I'd like to see them not put their mugs on it.

I think it's a little too much. If you're going with the "GET IT?? GET IT???????" style of cover=album title (GET IT?????????????????), then you might as well use an actual photo of sea and sky that looks better.

I like the picture itself, I am just hoping for some color.
Add some blue tint to it perhaps? Black and whitesignifies to me more of the same.

Yeah I agree, be nice to see some color and or colors not used before. below is a chart I used in another thread about the colors used on their past albums.

u2-album-colors.gif

I like the picture but... a bit bland. Would be nicer if it wasn't in black and white or was a little darker.

Well the one interesting note is that is a photo of The Ligurian Sea(which is part of the Mediterranean Sea) which borders provences and counties in Italy and in France...and in France,specifically Monaco and Eze Sur Mer..where Bono and Edge just happen to have sumer houses ...food for thought,that's all

Boring. I'm calling BS on this - I don't think the band would choose something this dull and literal for their cover.

Way too literal and "expected" for them.

U2 never does the "expected"

watch the actual cover be a mind blowing Kaleidoscope of pictures and colors reminiscent of Achtung Baby or something like that.

Not keen at all about the cover. It's crap, crap on toast. :angry:

It's as bad as HTDAAB, but in a different way, of course.

What the hell is that obsession with B&W shots?. HELLO LADS, humans can see colours! :drool:

By the way, there's an ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT cover post on the fake album art thread! :heart:

There's lots of better covers in the fake album art thread

From a Univeral press release concerning the single, wasn't the "U" in U2 inversed to make the "N" in No for No Line on the Horizon? I think I recall reading a post on that here. That might be a nice touch for the album cover.

That was an observation I made about the Spanish Universal press release in I don't remember which thread.

^Hi Marien!!! :wave:

Your cover looks a lot better than the original. At least it has some colors.
And with your cover it might look better without "U2" written on the cover. Just the colors.
With this one I wouldn't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom