Where is 'Home'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruhp!

Babyface
Around the time of ATYCLB I read an article where Bono talked about a song called 'Home'

The lyrics went: 'out of jokes, out of smokes, out of punches and on the ropes/ on the canvas just inches from where you used to stand/ out of fear, out of rage...'

Maybe I have missed something but what ever happened to this likely lad?

ruhp! said:

The lyrics went: 'out of jokes, out of smokes, out of punches and on the ropes/ on the canvas just inches from where you used to stand/ out of fear, out of rage...'

This song was about late nights with Michael Hutchence at Bono's house on the beach(I forget where) apparently they were neighbors. Maybe it turned into Stuck...

I believe Home was meshed with another song which eventually turned out to be Walk On.

In the article I mention (Q magazine to be precise) Bono said it was a song 'that didn't make it on to the album (ATYCLB)'

So as a discrete entity (apart from morphing into Walk On) it does exist...has anyone seen it crop up in any other articles or dare i say it have actually heard the thing??

My thoughts were that it (bearing in mind the subject matter) it may have been an early version of Sometimes? :scratch: :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom