Where Do You Go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every U2 record with the exception of Bomb takes me back to middle school and high school - in the good, sentimental way where your mind shields itself from the memory of homework, bad/mean teachers, the kids you didn't like, etc - because it was that time period(specifically 1998-1999-2000) that I first got hooked on U2 and discovered all of their records for the first time.

1. Joshua Tree
2. Open spaces of Arizona from a trip a few years back

1. ATYCLB
2. Sugar mountain of bliss

1. Zooropa
2. my pants

Canadiens1160 said:
1. Joshua Tree
2. Open spaces of Arizona from a trip a few years back

1.JT
2.A great long-distance driving album...........especially when you are a passenger and you stare out the window and take in all the beautiful landscapes.......very nostalgic!!!

1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. By the side of the road, on the side of a hill, as the valley explodes...but seriously, it makes me feel like I'm in some small town and it's winter time (until track 8, when it's becomes summer) and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life....and in some ways, that what my life actually is, so I dunno...

Pop
Some strange land where everything is green, blue, red, and orange...

really with every U2 album I am taken back to all the other times I listened to that album. all music is that way with me. Every time I listen to music it triggers memories.

"BOY" reminds me of puberty. Something about that album springs to mind the sweet memories of awkwardness and humiliation. Therefore, I love it.

"OCTOBER" reminds me of the grimmest years of my life, not even knowing if I want to go on. Great album!

"WAR" reminds me of shoveling driveways, my face frozen and red. I made a lot of money shoveling driveways. I love money, and this album.

"The Unforgettable Fire" takes me to dreamland, where everything's hazy and pinkish, like the album cover. And I get there even without the drugs. Good clean fun!

"The Joshua Tree" leaves me stranded in the dessert with the sun beating down. By the end of the album I have found the oasis. Who doesn't love a good oasis every now and then?

"Rattle and Hum" sends me into blues-bars around the world, where I drink a lot of whiskey and jam with the masters. Me and BB King go shot for shot. He kicks my ass! When I wake in the morning, I am without hangover. Sweet victory!

"Achtung Baby" takes me club-hopping. I have various one night stands, and chill with some dude The Fly, who is pretty fly for a white guy. He teaches me about life, and even shares his women with me. If love is blindness, then I don't want to see.

"Zooropa" has me waking up in some strange city, surrounded by falsetto freaks and babyfaces. I am the wanderer, trying to find my way back home. And in the midst of all this chaos, even while being numb, I somehow..for the first time...feel love.

"POP" is a designer drug that I consume, and it makes me see the world for what it really is. Every song is a different philosophy on life, a different revelation. I come off the drug a whole lot wiser. Would I want to do it again? You betcha. And this time I will make it thru the gates of that mansion.

"ALL That You Can't Leave Behind" is what I tell my lover as we run off to the beach, wearing no clothes, where we frolic in the waves, and have sex on the beach...yes, the drink.

"How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" is the police arresting me for indecent exposure. Total buzz kill. I am left eating crumbs from a table in a third world prison.

funny you say this cos the only album that takes me on a journey is ATYCLB , that album is a great journey album .

ATYCLB = HOME

1. War
2. Dublin. I have family in Dublin, and every time we have gone there that has been the 'soundtrack' of the visit. When i hear the opening chords of sunday bloody sunday in my mind im on the sea crossing from holyhead to dublin, on the deck watching as we come in to dock.

1. How to dismantle an atomic bomb
2. Last year for my 15th birthday me and my dad flew from london to buffalo to see u2 in december. We stayed in new york for nearly 2 weeks, aswell as buffalo for a few days. We hired a car and bomb was the only cd i had with me (i had my ipod, and didnt really need any cds.) So we pretty much played that the whole time, and it reminds me of driving through new york state and that feeling of 'post-u2-gig' bliss.

1. Zooropa
2. Lately I've grown up alot, and for some unknown reason this album reminds me of that dreamlike state I seem to have grown up in. I never used to take things seriously, and everything now seems like a blur. Zooropa reminds me of that, reminds me of what it used to be like being a kid. (Which seems ironic, considering that album has some quite adult themes!)

Back
Top Bottom