where did the money go and why dont we have to pay anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
someone please enlighten me. there was a time when everyone was asked to give money to save the board. apparently there was some hosting issues.

have the $$$ problems been addressed? where is it at now? where did everyones money go to? is this site now running cheaper?

just curious, is all.

Elvis made me whore myself out for the good of the site...
I hope you all appreciate my efforts.

<-----

On a more serious note- what did happen to the financial issue?

Originally posted by Angel:
Elvis made me whore myself out for the good of the site...
I hope you all appreciate my efforts.

<-----

On a more serious note- what did happen to the financial issue?

eek.gif

------------------

I also helped to contribute...good question!

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
someone please enlighten me. there was a time when everyone was asked to give money to save the board. apparently there was some hosting issues.

have the $$$ problems been addressed? where is it at now? where did everyones money go to? is this site now running cheaper?

just curious, is all.

First off... I had posted about what the money was being spent on way long ago. But to revisit this... money was spent on (at the time) existing hosting costs to keep the site running while transitioning to new servers, dns and mail servers, etc. The money went very quickly (unfortunately) but covered the large lump of money that was needed at the time. Currently some hosting services ARE being donated, while others are being paid for, and some WERE being donated but are now being paid for. Since the initial donation drive, and once that money was spent for the transition, I have been paying for everything out of my own pocket - just like the good ol' days
wink.gif
I do expect the sites costs to go up as we launch the new version of the site in the (hopefully) near future, but I have some ideas on how to cover that without whoring out every page with huge square ads like some other U2 sites are currently doing. *cough*

Well, I'm tired.. if you've got more questions please feel free to ask.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Thanks for all your effort to this place Elvis!

((({{Elvis}})))

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Look Elvis, while some people have no problem with stripping for money, I do and I'm not going to do it for this site. Got it?

On a side note, thanks for taking care of us!

thanks alot for the info. i kind of think now, after reading what you said, that i had in fact read this earlier on. thanks again for answering all my q's!

Back
Top Bottom