Where are you Australians???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvLady

War Child
I need people to wallow with! I'm suffering from severe U2 withdrawl..........
frown.gif

I've already had to come to terms with missing them last time round so I guess its softened the blow.
I heard the performance of One was something else.

I'm just hoping that they return to the studio, make a great album and then come down here - if not I will have to travel - it's like clutching at straws but it keeps me sane!! you see I never seen them and I will somehow - you only live once!

Pamels

and on the eighth day God created U2

Well it is a long time between U2 drinks for we geographically challenged southerners. My only suggestion is CD's, video's, U2tribute bands, good local bands who may not even play a U2 song, books, PLEBA and here
biggrin.gif

Apparently patience is a virtue.... we'll be an extremely virtuous lot by the time they get here.
I dunno mate, it's tough hey? Hopefully this place will bring you some U2 joy, hopefully.
Welcome LuvLady.

I still can't believe they're doing that to their fans Down Under. As an American, I feel really bad that they visit us twice without ever visiting Oz or New Zealand. I guess their excuse was that they lost a lot of money on those shows during Popmart. But I refuse to believe that U2 is all about money. They just have to play to you guys, and I hope they will in the near future.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I am aussie- on the Sunshine Coast and let me tell you the only thing that is making me happy right now is that fact that Summer is practically here and the beach is looking magnificent, but U2, my U2 why o why, it really is so sad, I know that our dollar is absolutely pathetic, but hey this dosnt explain why they are not going to say Japan, Sth America, so I have thought about it, I want a better explanation as to why they are not coming here and why they are not touring anywhere in the world that may happen to not be situated in either Nth America or Europe.....but anyway, I was just listening to the Morning show on JJJ and Francis Leach (who I have known for awhile is a huge U2 fan) just played New York and then at the end said something like- 'Why arnt they coming here, might have to go and have a chat to them'- right on Francis, you tell em for all of us sad Aussies
frown.gif

------------------
"thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals, you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: Intro to 'I still havn't found what I'm looking for', ANZ Stadium Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

Sydney here.
Remember if you are in Sydney you should be listening to Nova 96.9 FM at the moment. Got a competition going, real easy, all you have to do is call a number and give your details. Every few days Merrick & Rosso randomly draw one of these...the prize? Trip for 2 to the US (I think LA or Vegas) to see U2.

Pretty f***n' good. Luckily all the winners so far seem like genuine fans.

[This message has been edited by TylerDurden (edited 09-10-2001).]

Me? No, I?m not Australian, but we do share something in common, besides being southerners, and that is no U2 live for us as well. After more than a year of excitement with the new album and the anticipation on the next tour, it?s really frustrating that we won?t have the chance to see the band. Unless one can travells to US or Europe. Oh well, lets hope things may change in 2002.

------------------
Please sign our petition to bring U2 to Latin America, we deserve to be into the heart:
http://www.petitiononline.com/elevate/petition.html

I'm here, and I'm wallowing as well- but I'll be damn psyched up when they finally do come...
smile.gif

Thanx everyone for responding! I'm just really emotional at the moment, sometimes I'm sad, then angry, confused, it's just so.......crap! I missed U2 last time round as well coz I only got into the band properly mid-98, just after Popmart came to Perth. Go figure! I was a semi-fan before then, I liked their songs and everything, but it wasn't till 98 that a friend truly converted me. When the tour was announced everyone assumed it would be a WORLD tour, so I waited and waited for any word on when they might get to Oz. All the media reports hinted heavily at November/December 2001..........but then it was announced that they wouldn't be coming here at all. It was devastating.

The band's getting older and they've got partners and young children, so I just worry that they might not wanna tour anymore. Which is understandable...........but I'm facing the possiblility of never getting to see them live and that's just too awful to think about
frown.gif

I know they may make another record once the tour's finished and then come to the countries they missed on Elevation, eg Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South America,etc but there's no guarantees is there. The thing is I have enough frequent flyer points to get to America but I can't afford to pay for hotel, transport, ticket, etc. Well I could if I sold my car( which I have actually considered! )but I don't know. Does anyone have any advice???

Basically it's a time problem, if I( and we ) had known at the start of the year that U2 wouldn't be coming, then a lot more people could have afforded to save up to fly overseas. I really think they fucked up in that regard.
Hugs & kisses to you Foxxern, it is nice to know that you care
smile.gif

And you too follower, I know it's not just us Aussies that have missed out, it's fans from a lot of countries. Thanx for reminding me about the Latin America petition, I just signed it!!
Peace&Luv to all U2 fans.
biggrin.gif

Well, as my grandad used to say, "I can feel it in my bones" and they will come here. Thye can't just disappear into a blood red sunset and not visit us. Even if this is the last hoorah for them, they will squeeze some shows in. As someone else here said, its not just Oz thats missed out, its all South America and Japan too. Dont forget they are planning a new album (?). Mebee we will get the 1st leg of that. 2003 perhaps? Either way it will be summer, hopefully this time next year or early 2003...

Oh, and welcome luvlady!

smile.gif

Aussie Abroad:

Guys, I was in the UK and Ireland (for U2 and backpacking), I spoke to Paul Mc. I pleaded with him!! Let me tell ya, he is one tough nut to crack!! I tried REALLY hard though guys...I'm sorry...
frown.gif

Seriously though, its obvious this isn't the band we all thought they were. I didnt think they were driven by money. I guess I was wrong. I am pretty disgusted at them for choosing money over their fans...without us, they wouldn't be where they are today.

Paul Mc basically said he didnt want fans to be paying up to $100AUS for a ticket. And Edge has said its due to the high running costs of the tour. So how can Popmart(which came to Aus) be cheaper than Elevation? It is nowhere near the cost of Popmart!!

Basically, U2 have set there sights on Elevation becoming the highest ever grossing tour in history. They can achieve this after the 3rd US leg I think. Maybe an Oz tour would jepodise this....!!

I will be home soon to help you all morn
smile.gif

Jon
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom