When will we ever hear these u2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here is a list of some songs that have been mentioned by the band in interviews from as long back as the atyclb sessions.

i know some of the titles might have turned in to other songs , but from there titles i cant see what they would have ended up as, can you?

You can't give your heart away
Bulldozer (leftover from the ATYCLB sessions
Tough
Home - edge said in an interview around the atyclb sessions that this song is going to be a standout song and it was very uplifting and beautiful

The sun , the moon, the stars
A man's a man
Sky hawk
yesterday and tomorrow
Stranded
Jubilee

Tough turned into SYCMIOYO, it's the first word in the song. The other - dunno.

manwiththespinninhead said:
here is a list of some songs that have been mentioned by the band in interviews from as long back as the atyclb sessions.

i know some of the titles might have turned in to other songs , but from there titles i cant see what they would have ended up as, can you?

You can't give your heart away
Bulldozer (leftover from the ATYCLB sessions
Tough
Home - edge said in an interview around the atyclb sessions that this song is going to be a standout song and it was very uplifting and beautiful

The sun , the moon, the stars
A man's a man
Sky hawk
yesterday and tomorrow
Stranded
Jubilee

i disagree , cos in the interview where i got some of my info , edge mentioned "tough" as well as "sometimes" so it must be a different song.

Re: Re: When will we ever hear these u2 songs?

manwiththespinninhead said:

i disagree , cos in the interview where i got some of my info , edge mentioned "tough" as well as "sometimes" so it must be a different song.

It has been stated by the band that Tough turned into Sometimes. Sorry, don't have any specifics.

Well, putting "Tough" and even "Home" aside, wouldn't we all still love to hear these songs? I know that I would...

Rastat said:
Home is Walk On.

Not to be too picky, but Home is the bridge portion of Walk On. Home and Walk On were combined to make one song because the band thought they were weak separately. So, Home found a home in Walk On. :wink:

I "think" ;) The Sun The Moon And The Stars morphed into Original of the Species. The opening piano line of TSTMATS is "supposedly" exactly the same. Also the "I'll Give You Everything That You Want" verse is almost identical. Difference being instead of saying "Except The thing that you want" it was "The Sun, The Moon and the Stars".

So I dont think that song will ever come out because Original is VERY similiar now. Sort of like Home became part of Walk On as mentioned above. Its a different song but part is almost identical, so the song will not be put on an album. Maybe we will see them released on a "REAL" box set (not the Itunes BS) down the road.

I also believe part of Bulldozer was used for Elevation. So it will suffer a similiar fate I would imagine.

The song that hasnt surfaced at this point that should is Hymn To The Universe. I think this song, or a morphed version of it into something else will see the light of day someday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom