When will Vertigo hit the Radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just as an aside while I'm wasting time, if a hard copy were to be made and sent to a radio station, wouldn't that station be a Clear Channel station, seeing how they kinda own Interscope? Maybe they felt they didn't need to spend the cash flying a rep out when they can just wield the iron fist?

I just talked to someone there at the station and they claim not to know what I am taliking about. :| They said that if it happened teh DJ would get fired, because it goes against their policy.

PS: I just talked to a friend who lives there and she said that if it happened that everyone would know about it by now. I guess there are a lot of U2 fans n Phoenix. At any rate, now I am cunfused. What's the story??

The song wasn't played. I don't know what we're all talking about. It will not be played on any station before the 24th unless there is SIGNIFICANT fanfare and the full blessing of U2's crew. If we hear it beforehand, it will be because someone with a hard copy put it online, not because some radio station thought it would be fun to sneakily play it.

The Irish DJ, Dave Fanning, spoke about the record last night just to confirm the album title. He also said that the single would be out on the 8th of Nov & he would hope, as before, to have the world exclusive before that date. There was no mention of the 24th of Sept.

Good catch Rabid,

my money is also on vertigo being played before that date by Dave fanning in Dublin. Make sure you record it!

I wrote the the local alternative rock station. Here's my email:

I'm a diehard U2 fan and can't wait to hear their new single "Vertigo". I'm wondering if you have received the CD yet, if you heard it, what you think of it, and when you think you will play it on the radio for the first time. I'll really appreciate a response. 93.7 is the best radio station i've ever listened to, keep it up, and keep the U2 songs playing!

Thanks,
Nick nuke126@gmail.com

here's the response:

Nick...
As soon as they say, go, we'll start playing it. Thanks for listening to Howard 93.7. Spread the word, we're new and need all the help we can get.

...Dave

"Dead Air"Dave Sozinho
Program Director
KHWD/Howard 93.7
Infinity, Sacramento

For those here from Australia, keep your ears on Triple J. They're famous for very deliberately not giving a flying fuck about record company embargos. I bet it plays on Triple J before the 24th.

If I were to break my ban on not listening to the radio, what would I want to tune in for to hear Triple J, keeping in mind I live on the Gold Coast (but may be in Melbourne on the 24th)?

brownda7 said:
You reckon Earnie? If so it will be Richard Kingsmill on his sunday program.

(Only aussies will know what we're on about)

They do it all the time. It's just not normal that it would be a band as big as U2. Sometimes they are though; Radioheads 'Hail To The Thief' was played by Triple J from beginning to end, all in one sitting without a break, a while before it had hit the shelves. Their record co was seriously, seriously not amused.

The Sydney radio market is pretty easy to control though. They (Universal) have 2Day, Nova, Triple M and Triple J as the main stations that they'd want Vertigo all over on the 24th. 4 reps can drive to those stations at 6am Friday morning and drop 4 cd's off and there's no need for the station to have it any earlier then that (or just send an mp3). Normal promotions for lesser bands would have copies in there a few weeks in advance for the djs and directors to get into, but it's U2, it's their first proper new thing since 2000, and it f*ckin' rocks. My point is, it's all about IF they (JJJ) have a copy....

Back
Top Bottom