When will the album leak? Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day the album is out it will be all over the internet in an instant anyway, so it would still be easier and cheaper to just download illegally than buy.

Realistically, anyone could download the album illegally at any time if they knew where to look. What's a difference of 16 days, really? That's when Bomb leaked, and it sold just fine.

Not only that but U2 certainly aren't lacking in the money department. Their tours always top the biggest of the year, etc.

I certainly plan on buying it and I've already preordered my copy, but you bet your ass I'll download it when it leaks. Just like I did with Bomb, and I still bought three copies of that after it came out.

Realistically, anyone could download the album illegally at any time if they knew where to look. What's a difference of 16 days, really? That's when Bomb leaked, and it sold just fine.

The differences are:
- the way, how the album was leaked (by chance, by a crimnal act of doing whatever ...) and its justified legal consequences
- 16 days – a long period, in which many, many people can download the album 'for free' instead of spending money on it later. As I said, a financial loss for record company and the U2 staff
- fans, who are conscious about all this and at least will buy the 'officially' published album, too

Sorry but its just too much to keep doing pre-emptive request threads. The NLOTH song request thread is already at almost 400 replies, and I honestly cant see anyone going in and sending it to 400 people.

Just wait until something actually leaks to start a request thread. It will be easier to maintain that way.

Okay, sorry 'bout that! :D
I've been away for an hour or so. What did I miss? Obviously, it didn't leak, but do we have any news?

Well I'm waiting for a leak, and I will download it when I find it...But I'm also buying I already have the pre order from Itunes...and I will be buying physical copies as well U2 always get my money :)...But I do see the other side as well.

This thread is very exciting..I hope something happens..:hyper:

He might bring some CHANGE to the leak situation

2qn0ako.jpg

MadForlt, if I said something bad about you, please forgive me.

This is great!!!! :lmao:

A serious note may be allowed here: Our perspective and desire as die hard fans to listen as quick as possible is one side of the story (and I am no exception for this longing:drool: when it is out, it is out, and I also want to listen ...) – the other perspective (and in this case more important one) is the artists' one. U2 and all their (expensive) empire around have worked for the new album for years now, arranged dead lines, fixed dates for all the promotional campaign etc.
So I really do hope for them, that the album (e.g. the complete tunes) has not leaked yet. It would be much too early for their schedule and would mean not only a kind of creative theft for them, but a financial desaster – with not to calculate numbers of people, who will download it – without buying later a copy of it.
If us here waited another good two weeks, it wouldn't make that much of a difference really. But for our band a leak would be a catastrophy. And if somebody really had broken laws by illegally recording the album somewhere during a pre-listening party, I'm not on his side either. It would mean, that this somebody cheated and committed a crime – nothing more, nothing less. Hopefully this rumour is wrong ... :|

If we're going to inject some serious discussion here while we wait for the next rickroll...

I can't feel too bad about a leak. One, because I'm going to buy all the singles in disc form, and the most expensive digi-pack version of the album, and easily spend over $1k for tickets, t-shirts, etc. during the tour...they're not losing any money of mine if I listen to it early.

And, two, because the whole notion of listening to it "early" is seriously outdated. It's not like the album isn't done, and any leak that shows up is like the Salome outtakes (i.e. unfinished and not what the band wants us to hear). It's done, it's finished. The only reason for having a stretch of time between final mastering and released to the public is the need to manufacture and ship physical discs...which isn't especially relevant in this day and age. The album is done; put the damn thing out.

If Universal is going to see a slight dip in their projected sales numbers (which I doubt), it's because they're clinging tightly to a 20th century model with a 21st century audience that just doesn't see a point to it anymore.

The differences are:
- the way, how the album was leaked (by chance, by a crimnal act of doing whatever ...) and its justified legal consequences
- 16 days – a long period, in which many, many people can download the album 'for free' instead of spending money on it later. As I said, a financial loss for record company and the U2 staff
- fans, who are conscious about all this and at least will buy the 'officially' published album, too

The album will be all over the net after the Japanese release date anyway so what difference does it make if its a week and a half early? People will download and people will buy it regardless of when its all over the net. It matters not one jot if its around the net now or in 2 weeks. I don't see the logic in saying it makes a big difference to U2. There are always going to be people who will just download it and not buy it. Whether it be now or whether it be after its official release date.

even without the leak im enjoying this thread very much:applaud:

I am too, to be honest. If it leaks - so be it. There's nothing I can do even if I do have ethical misgivings. My not listening to it won't make a difference to anyone who want's to download without paying, if it leaks that is.
If it doesn't, I'll hear it when I win a copy off my local station who's giving it away before 03/03. :up: or when I've purchased it at best buy or wal-mart or whoever is selling it the day it's released. I've already put in for a vacation day so I'll have time to crank it up loud. :drool:
In the meantime it's all so exciting. NEW U2 :hyper:

The differences are:

the thing is, I think most - key words THINK and MOST- that download now are just the big U2 fans anyway, and the ones that already will be buying their fancy schmancy box sets.

:lmao:
I'm sorry for replying to so many older posts, I'm just trying to catch up. With that said, this and the earlier "When will the album leak?" thread are the two most EPIC threads I have ever had the pleasure to post in. Good work, everybody.

interesting thing is that it´s not available on i-tunes before the 27th. dunno why..because most bands release their records there at least 3 or 4 days before the physical release. but not U2. and i mean..3 or 4 days aren´t that big album sale killer.

anyway. it´s 2 hours after midnight here in europe.

good night!

The way I see it, if you are a student, thats when piracy plays a big role in your decisions on whether to buy or not. If you are working a full time job, you probably don't care about piracy.

Two hours since I last saw this thread... and... NO... FUCKING... LEAK...

You people are gonna fucking burn.

The way I see it, if you are a student, thats when piracy plays a big role in your decisions on whether to buy or not. If you are working a full time job, you probably don't care about piracy.

Exactly. Who are buyers and who are downloaders are determined already by the size of people's wallets and their morale standards. Not by 16 days more or less.

That is exactly, what I do talk about.:wink: But nevertheless it's great to read such a quick response of many U2 friends here also willing to buy the official releases, whatever will happen.:applaud:

Honestly I don't look for any leaks from other bands..I just download the songs I like off Itunes now..That way the artist doesn't lose as much...and I don't end up paying 20$ for a cd that I like maybe 2 songs from.:reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom