When will the album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the album leak?

• Before February 13th

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • February 13th

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • February 14th

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • February 15th

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • February 16th

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • February 17th

• February 18th

• February 19th

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • After February 19th

Votes: 257 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted after 19th, but I don't think it will leak at all.

After the 19th, but I sincerely hope it doesn't leak at all. Knowing I don't have the will power, I'd rather not have the opportunity to prove it.

People are being pessimistic here! It's certain the album will leak before the release date... Cds will be pressed in the coming weeks so copies will be everywhere. Bomb and ATYCLB Were leaked how many days before the earliest release date?

People are being pessimistic here! It's certain the album will leak before the release date... Cds will be pressed in the coming weeks so copies will be everywhere. Bomb and ATYCLB Were leaked how many days before the earliest release date?

if i do recall Bomb was leaked on a sunday morning the first weekend of november, and the album was released the monday/tuesday before thanksgiving.

soooo that's about 3 weeks before the release, give or take a few days.

if the same leak pattern happens this time around, we'll see No Line by this Sunday.

Which would be around Friday of this week.

If it's much later than that, I hope it isn't leaked.

I don't think we can use ATYCLB and HTDAAB leak dates for comparison, we can assume security is much tighter this time around and record companies have better ways of ensuring albums don't leak nowadays.

A more sensible comparison would be when recent highly anticipated albums from big artists have leaked in the past year or so. Anyone has examples?

I think it's very possible that it doesn't leak until a few days before the official release, if at all.

I pick Wednesday the 18th.

I've decided that my will power is strong enough to last one week. I live in the states, so I'd be getting it March 3. If it leaks before Feb 24, I'll succumb to temptation. After that point, though, I'll tough it out.

i still think it will be either 2/20 or 2/21. it will leak. i haven't seen an album not leak in 5 years.

A more sensible comparison would be when recent highly anticipated albums from big artists have leaked in the past year or so. Anyone has examples?

GN'R's Chinese Democracy leaked 4-5 days before release.
Metallica's Death Magnetic wasn't "leaked". A store started to sell it earlier.
The Killers' Day & Age wasn't leaked.
Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul leaked almost two weeks prior release.
The Verve's Forth leaked a week prior release IIRC.
Morrissey's Years of Refusal leaked almost a month before release.
Bruce Springsteen's Working on a Dream leaked almost a month before release.

Franz Ferdinand's Tonight leaked way earlier.
Morrissey's Year of Refusal leaked almost a month before release.

Interesting... I voted for february 15th but now i think it will be a little than that... Like the 18th or 19th but not later

I already predicted the album will leak the week of Feb 8-14 in a previous thread (did a long explanation of the manufacturing process). The actual day? My guess is the 12th. They'll have to be in mass production by that date so thats when a leak is likely.

I don't think we can use ATYCLB and HTDAAB leak dates for comparison, we can assume security is much tighter this time around and record companies have better ways of ensuring albums don't leak nowadays.

Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3 for Xbox 360 both leaked out around a month before their release date. Since music albums are manufactured in the same sort of facilities as video games, and video game releases are just as big as album releases, you could expect the same sort of security.

Since its a worldwide release of March 2/3 they'll have to start shipping the albums at least a week beforehand, so I estimated it would be around Feb 25th. And they'd have to start manufacturing discs at least 2 weeks before that time, if not sooner, so they would be mass producing the albums on the week of Feb 8-14 as I previously mentioned. Thats when to expect the leak.

Morrissey's Years of Refusal leaked almost a month before release.

Thanks for that. As we can see from this list, there is no pattern these days it seems. From no leak at all (Killers) to a month before (Springsteen) so who knows... It does seem like Universal is being insanely careful with the U2 album though.

I'm still hoping for a leak of some sort, just because the excitment coming with it is so much fun :hyper:

I don't see the point of resisting, having will power or what not. I don't think it ruins anything to hear the songs before, quite the contrary. To me, it makes the whole process more exciting. Just the pandemonium on Interference when/if it leaks will be worth it :lol: There is absolutely no way I would miss that, because it's the best time to be a U2 fan and Interferencer, and at the same time there is absolutely no way I could read people's impressions and reviews of songs for days without listening to the songs myself.

What I would prefer in fact would be to be able to hear a few songs before, but maybe not all. I'd like to be able to discover each song one at a time... but that won't happen.

It's funny. Despite the fact that every record I've listened to (sans new Killers) in the last 2 years has been prior to the release date, I don't actually think this one will leak more than 24-48 hours before its first official release date.

It just occurred to me that I may be listening to this very, very soon. I still don't think it's likely, bu that would be :drool:.

If it leaks early, I'll be a dirty slut.

If I manage to to save some pleasure, I'll attempt to listen out of running order and not all in one sitting (from what I have been reading, tracks 1-3, in that order, are going to "slap my ass and call me Sally"). The least I can do is take it all in, in its proper order, on the day of release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom