When will the album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the album leak?

• Before February 13th

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • February 13th

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • February 14th

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • February 15th

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • February 16th

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • February 17th

• February 18th

• February 19th

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • After February 19th

Votes: 257 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but these problems could be fixed this time around. I still think it worked quite well, personally I got the song right away. If we don't do this, with potentially many songs to pass around and hundreds of people posting their emails at the same time, it could be quite messy and take a while for everyone who wants the songs to get them.

I also think that anybody who would be interested in some email list for notification is probably checking Interference pretty regularly these days anyways. So there's really no point.... The next morning they check there will be a post about the leak, then they just need to visit their favorite Torrent site. Easy.

There is no way to make the transfer of a newly leaked whole album orderly and not chaotic. There will be a flood of people registering and asking, with post count: 1, 'hey can someone please send a link to the new album thx address@site.com'. The mods and everyone else can do everything they want to do to make it as orderly and peaceful as possible, but I doubt mass chaos will be avoidable. There is a clear foodchain for these leaks...source->torrent or p2p->someone downloads and then uploads as zip file to or ysi or something for everyone who doesn't know how to use torrents or p2p.

The best way, imo, is for everyone to work together that day. People will be asking for it all day. All we can do is try to have as many currently active torrent//ysi/whatever links going at at time. One thing we could do is, somebody could agree to put up a webpage somewhere that has all current active links on it...and then that link could be posted here, instead of sending it out to 3535623623 e-mail addresses.

It's 2009. People should be able to figure out where/how to get hold of it without the need for messy email lists. It's not like U2 are some odd indie group from Madagascar, it will be everywhere within 5 minutes of it breaking.

It's 2009. People should be able to figure out where/how to get hold of it without the need for messy email lists. It's not like U2 are some odd indie group from Madagascar, it will be everywhere within 5 minutes of it breaking.

Odd indie groups from Madagascar..... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Well, I for one never use any file sharing sites simply because I don't go after leaked music other than U2 stuff. The only way I've ever done it was with people posting links on here to ysi and others, but we're not supposed to do that anymore on Interference. The other way has been to share via emails.

I'm willing to figure it out beforehand, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know much about these things unless someone shares a link here, so there will be people posting their emails right left and center when/if the album leaks.

That being said I can see that the email list we did for Boots might not work for the whole album, so yeah, we'll have to figure it out as we go I guess.

It depends-- if it comes from someone within the interference community then it will be chaos. If it comes from the usual sources that leaks come from then it will be easy to get.

Ok, I don't know what this rapid share thing is :reject: can anyone use it?

yeah, it's just like ysi. it's basically a site for hosting files.

i actually have a feeling i'll find out about a leak on Atease before i find out here, so i'm confident that i may end up breaking the good news.

That being said I can see that the email list we did for Boots might not work for the whole album, so yeah, we'll have to figure it out as we go I guess.

Well, Rule #1 should obviously then be: Don't be lazy. If you're not up to speed on where/how to get hold of stuff, that's cool, request via email, but if you are onto all of that, stay the f*ck away from here and do it yourself.

well you fooled I, and 1000's of others scouring the net for it. Lastfm, Interference, some random Kanye West Forum, and the Official Killers forum all were totally unaware of it if it leaked.

It was on the net 3 days before the US release, but that was because it had officially been released in Japan, thus not qualifying as a full leak

At the risk of sounding like a cocky ass, I did get it early from a friend at a record company with an office in LA (not Island). I thought he got it from a general leak, but it appears he had his own connections. If I would have known I would have put it up for Interference. He didn't say it was super secret or anything. Checked the email he sent and it was three days before Japan. So I guess it didn't leak (though it did for me). We'll see if he comes through for U2, I didn't know he had any pull over there.

They should but many won't. I think i could be easier with filehosting services like RS and mega.

I said the week of Feb 8-14 and I stand by that assessment :D

i said a valentines day present for all of us so. ideally, it would be thursday since i have no class thursday (thank you lincoln) and i could take the day off and just go driving with the new album.

yes please and thanks.

if i do recall Bomb was leaked on a sunday morning the first weekend of november, and the album was released the monday/tuesday before thanksgiving.

soooo that's about 3 weeks before the release, give or take a few days.

if the same leak pattern happens this time around, we'll see No Line by this Sunday.

:D:D:D:D:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I agree...I know a guy right now who posted it already on a site...in 256kps with no link yet..total file size is 92 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom